Author Topic: Medical Facilities Web Page  (Read 363853 times)

av8erjm

Re: Medical Facilities Web Page
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2015, 11:42:05 AM »
does tis help??

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2015, 01:14:22 PM »
I'll be darned.  I'm using the same object at Cascade Creek Hydro ... and it sits right on top of the platform. We'll have to think about this one.

Update: If you go to slew mode, and go "up" then set it back down does it stop on the surface?  This may be related to another problem I'm seeing with ADE. I'm trying to make a starting point on top of a dam, but I cannot get ADE to recognize the elevation, so it starts at the base of the dam. This could be similar, something to do with the starting altitude (which I've ben unable to manipulate so far in ADE). Let us know on the slew, that would be a clue.

Doug
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:32:48 PM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2015, 01:54:06 PM »
Hi Doug,

Steve W. figured out how to start at elevation using ADE when we did the helipad for Hospital at Anchorage...check with him if you have questions...

Rod

Doug

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2015, 01:56:24 PM »
Aha!  Off to visit Steve W! :-)

D

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »
Problem is, I forget what I had to do to make it work. I'll need to wrack my brain to remember it.

EDIT: Part of it's coming back; I'm pretty sure that it had something to do with creating a transparent, itty-bitty  runway at the desired starting point.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:05:31 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Aha!  I'm not the only one with "OLDFART Syndrom"!   ;D :P
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2015, 03:06:30 PM »
Are you saying that we're old? Not me!
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2015, 03:09:16 PM »
If you look at Mahoney Lake Hydro and go to heli start #2, you will see the problem. The helipad is solid, but ADE doesn't realize that hard surface is 'up there'. I'm leaving the problem there so folks can see it and see how/if we can solve it. Danny may be having a similar problem with the MedEvac start. That heli platform works fine at Cascade, has a hard surface, but he starts being positioned under it. I bet it is a trick in ADE.

Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
I fix this by using Instant Scenery and adding a default Helipad and scale it down very small. Place that in the center of the helipad in this picture, then lower the height to make the object you are using have it's wheels stay on the surface. It's trial and error to get it right.

Brad

av8erjm

« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »
I tried slewing up and then back down, but I go all the way thru, if I try to slew down to the pad it just takes off lickity split across country

Doug

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2015, 08:38:14 PM »
I'm sitting on the pad having safely landed my beaver via slew  :-).   It is showing a hard surface for me on that helipad.  So this is not a problem related to ADEX I was thinking of. This is different.  Are you having problems with any other hard surfaces that are raised like that? 

av8erjm

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »
I've flown the entire medical flights and this is the only one where I sink thru. Maybe I try to re download all 3 files and try it again. Right now have to hit the rack have an early day tomorrow

av8erjm

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
OK I took out all three of the med files from the scenery library page, closed out FSX and  manually removed them from the Addon Scenery file reload the files from the page here then reversed the entire process then rebooted FSX and then added back all 3 files back on the scenery library page  hit ok went to the coordinates  for Paradise Cove with the same results. I even have tried different whip wings but still having the same results. I don't know what else to do except go have a scotch, but it's too early for that, according to the wife. If someone stumbles on to a fix fine otherwise on to bigger n' better things

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »
av8erjm,
That helipad object is messed up and it's not anything that you are doing that is a problem; the problem is in the object it's self. I'm trying to find a solution, but so far no luck. I'm thinking it may be just the way it is for ever. But if I find what's wrong with it and we can swap the bad for the good, I'll let folks know.

In the mean time, raise a Scotch for me. (Doug could probably use a belt as well.)

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2015, 07:41:28 PM »
OK thanks I'll stop the self abuse then, just kidding. Like I said no blood no foul, I've enjoyed the ''life flight'' as I have enjoyed all the other flights and challenges, I just adapt things a little to enjoy the whole, anyway good luck and I'll leave you guys to the business of keeping me entertained.  ;)