Author Topic: A report on my new FlightLink Stick  (Read 2752 times)

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
A report on my new FlightLink Stick
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »
I have for some 15 years, used a FlightLink GStick II with centering springs.  It was expensive when I bought it to install in the helicopter sim I was building at the time, but there's more to flying satisfaction than money.  For years, it performed well (as did the cockpit I built, in fact I still use it), but like all mechanical things it began to give me problems so I just recently acquired a new FlightLink GStick III to replace it.  This time I ordered it without centering springs and after a week or so of getting used to it, I'm glad I did.  It is a much more realistic feel since not matter where you position the stick, the resistance is the same.  I have yet to use any of my normal tricks, or any mfg force trim while flying.  From the stock Bell 206 to the Dodosim 206 to the Milviz 407, they all fly without any centering problems.

Also, the feel of the stick is much more like a real helicopter to me.  Although my experience with real helicopters is limited to the R-22 and the Bell 206, both of which have different control systems (one mechanical and one hydraulic), this stick does an excellent job of mimicking both.  Although to me, given the fact that it does have some resistance to moving, it feels much more like the Bell than the Robinson.  Another thing is that no matter what, you can takes your hand off the stick and it'll stay where it is.

Although, it'll still take some getting used to, I'm finding my flying is much more enjoyable than before.  As I continue to get used to it, I'm finding that the money I spent was well worth it to me and that I really like this stick a lot.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: A report on my new FlightLink Stick
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
 8)  Nice!

http://www.flightlink.com/base-page/gs3plus/
G-Stick III Plus Cyclic

The G-Stick III is the first and only floor-mounted cyclic stick in the industry. Designed for rotor wing and/or fixed wing simulations, the G-Stick III Plus offers highly realistic sensations along with durability.

Setup is a snap with our USB “Touch and Go” technology and programmable multi-button grip.  The G-Stick III Plus’ grip is a full-size, aircraft rated grip with a 4-position point of view (POV) hat, single stage trigger and four additional push buttons.

The G-Stick III Plus is compatible with flight simulation programs running under Windows XP, Vista, 7 as well as Apple Macintosh’s (running Input Sprocket 7 or higher) and Linux.  The G-Stick III Plus Cyclic includes the “NEW” Flight Link USB Controller.  The new FLUSB controller is a 12-bit (4096 steps) resolution controller.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P