Author Topic: FTX_VECTOR_API\Scenery  (Read 11686 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
FTX_VECTOR_API\Scenery
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »
Anybody know what this "path" is ... I don't have it.  I was going in to use the Configurator and FTX_VECTOR_AEC doesn't exist.  What did I miss?

Doug
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:38:59 PM by Doug »

dexthom

Re: FTX_VECTOR_API\Scenery
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
Don't have Vector_API but I Have Prepar3D v2\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\Scenery

Doug

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:36:39 PM »
Here's the error I'm getting. It has to do with the Vector Configurator.   Actually two "folders" are missing FTX_VECTOR_AEC and FTX_VECTOR_APT.   Each has a "scenery" subfolder.  I just "made up" the folders and put a "scenery" folder in each and ran the Configurator without errors. However, there are no airports listed in the "enabled" "disabled" tables.  Interesting.

D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:44:12 PM by Doug »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »
Yes, that is one of the folders in the FTX_Vector folder.  There are FTX_Vector_AEC, FTX_Vector_APT, FTX_Vector_CVX, FTX_Vector_EXX, and FTX_Vector_OBJ folders.  They each have scenery folders inside them.  Check your Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR folder.  ;)   You may need to reinstall Vector. ???

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »
Yes Jeff, now that I put in the two missing ones, all of them are present and accounted for. But there is nothing in either scenery subfolder. I ran the "autoconfiguration" ... it putzed around then asked me to "apply" it. Which I did. Went back in and looked, nothing in those scenery subfolders.  Maybe I should reinstall Global/Vector?  Do you see anything in your "scenery" folders for those two missing ones I had?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:54:27 PM »
FTX_Vector_AEC
Scenery Files-4,110

FTX_Vector_APT
Scenery Files-32,194

FTX_Vector_CVX
Scenery Files-30,209

FTX_Vector_EXX
Scenery Files-6,048

FTX_Vector_OBJ
Scenery Files-5,971

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:59:54 PM »
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

Doug

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 08:43:52 PM »
Yoland, that looks promising ... I didn't do those patches.  So I'm downloading them one. The first one came down in 30 seconds, the second one is going to take 30 minutes.  I'll let you know the result, but I bet you nailed it.

UPDATE: OK, downloaded/installed both patches ... they were pretty major.  In the configurator, I now have airports on the left table (Enabled).  My "home" airport is KHXD (Hilton Head).   As you can see, there are no taxiways or runways. I've downloaded the Airport Freeware Pack and KHXD is in there (all the buildings you see are from that). So I thought the configurator was the problem.  KHXD is not in the "enabled" table ... but many airports are not there, perhaps it should be that way. But when I had this problem before, I disabled KHXD and I was OK, it isn't there to disable.  Could any of you with Global/Vector check and see if you have a KHXD in the enabled ... that might be a start.

Also interesting to not, with Global On /NA Off or reversed, the airport looks the same.  Almost like Vector is having no influence over the airport.  If anyone checks KHXD, does it look the same in both?

Thanks
Doug
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:08:25 PM by Doug »

dbutterf

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 10:13:20 PM »
Hey Doug,

I have the ORBX stuff and here is what KHXD looks like
Dayle
P3D v4 WIN 10 Pro i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz 16GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Yoland

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 02:58:19 AM »
Hey Doug,
In P3D V. 2.5 I have exactly the same image than yours. Furthermore in vector configurator KHXD is neither in the left table nor in the right one.
I will now check what happens in FSX as I have a different setting up for the freeware ORBX North American airports. In FSX I have still the original downloads installed, that is the some 20 separates downloads. But in P3d v. 2.5 I have the new single NA package installed supposed to contain the whole content of the former packages (hope my English is understandable!).
To be clear, if I presently use the same Misty Moorings scenery folder for both FSX and P3D simulators, the ORBX installation is 100% separate.
Now I checked FSX and the KHXD airport is perfect with everything showing up

I also checked the ORBX site freewares NA airports page and the former some 20 available downloads disappeared, being replaced by the new package supposed to contain everything. But if you check the listed airports as shown on this page, your KHXD disappeared from the listed available places. This should be the explanation of your problem.
Sorry for being so verbose, but I typed this message while checking everything.
By the way, somewhere on my huge hard drive (5To) I should still be able to find te former NA ORBX fre airport packages. If you wish I can check and send you the required package.

Yoland

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 03:25:04 AM »
Eureka! I found the package with your KHXD airport. It is the FTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS_PACK5

I mail it to you as an attachment, hoping that it can solve your problem.

Doug

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 04:49:47 PM »
I think I've got a problem with the "Configurator" in Vector. It is not properly "scanning" all my scenery files to come up with all the airports involved. When I run it, not all the airports show up.  Previously, when I had this problem, I found KHXD in the "Enabled" list and "Disabled" it ... the runways re-appeared.  Chicago KORD has trees on the runway, again, I disabled that one and the airport was fine.  KHXD (Hilton Head) and Chicago O'Hare (KORD) do not show up.  KSEA (Seattle) is there.  But KSEA would be in our "NA" area ... so it looks like it is not finding (scanning) airports outside of NA.  And I have installed everything in GLOBAL with FTC Central, and am running FTX Global with the configurator.

I'm thinking there is a problem with Vector.  I've installed the 1.15 and the 1.20 patches ... it finds the limited airports but misses hundreds.  I posted over at ORBX, we'll see what they say.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
OK, confirmed the problem is Vector ... the "configurator" is not scanning properly and not finding all of the airports ... yet it has changed the airport elevation of my "target" airport KHXD. I went into /ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_APT/Scenery ... looked for KHXD, found it, it is "ABD_KHXD.BGL" changed "bgl to "off" ... problem solved (see screenshot). So there is a problem with Vector's configurator.  I've got a post over at ORBX, if a solution is found, I'll post it for you here.

Doug

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »
Doug, did you re-install the newest libraries afterwards?
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »
Yes, I did the first time, I  will do that again, good idea.

D