Author Topic: Coming Very Soon: Bear Camp Research  (Read 3182 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Coming Very Soon: Bear Camp Research
« on: March 02, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »
Coming Very Soon:  Bear Camp Research

Hi all,

Dieter Linde has found a German scenery developer named Mike Broemme who has converted a small piece of scenery that was beautifully created by an American flight simmer named Marvin Carter for use in FSX without ORBX.  Mike converted the scenery for P3D and FSX using RTMM Libraries and set in ORBX PNW.  The results are fantastic! 

Bear Camp Research is a fictitious research center located in the mountains north of Langley, BC, back in a canyon above Pitt Lake. It has a short take off and landing field.

It is very difficult to accomplish a successful landing at this beautiful little strip.  Thanks Dieter, Mike and Marvin for Bear Camp Research!

Rod
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:39:02 AM by stiletto2 »

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Coming Very Soon: Bear Camp Research
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »
Looks great Rod  ;D  I'll be anxious to see it.

Oh, by the way, I haven't had a chance to look at your Seward scenery.  If it's still in development, I probably don't have  access to it.  I was just thru Seward too on my way down from Kenai.  I installed the oil platform service facility and looked around there.  I flew down thru Seward and an now heading for Cordova.  I'm flying the Dodosim B206 the entire length of the RTMM area from Homer down to BC.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:47:03 PM by sddinnh »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
Hi Steve,

Seward scenery not ready yet.....sounds like a long trip.

Rod

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:16:23 PM »
I take in as short hops as I can figure out and stop at all the little airports along the way.  Helicopters are demanding to fly for a long time.  If there is local RTMM scenery, I install it and take side trips to check it out.  I try to keep it fun and not work  ;)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:23:09 AM »
Bear Camp Research has been released and is now available under "B" in the RTMM Scenery Library.

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »
Boy that is one fine little location. I would take a small bottle of hootch with you, just tuck it under the seat. When, you land, and if you don't break the bottle, you will NEED the hootch!  That is a white knuckles landing, and if you miss, you are in a blind canyon. We've had out share of diabolical locations, but this one is at the top of the list.  I put to/from plans to/from it in the RTMM Plans zip (Here2There page).

Doug

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
Agree, this one's a tricky approach even with a chopper considering it's kinda boxed in plus all those trees ??? Had to go into a slow, controlled descent before transitioning to a high air taxi.. One  needs careful flight planning regardless of the type of aircraft or rotorcraft to avert any potential disaster.. Very challenging indeed. Nice job!  :o

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 07:44:41 AM »
Hi all,

I have changed my announcement on Bear Camp Research to correctly identify the original author as Marvin Carter, an American scenery developer.  Thanks again, Marvin, for this great little piece of scenery.

Rod

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:01:34 AM »
Great little scenery, great fun... and very tricky landing as the runway is very narrow and short. Watch everything, including your wing tips. And use full brakes very quickly otherwise!...
Thank you for this little jewel.

Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348