Author Topic: 5 Aircraft Multiplayer In P3D V2.5  (Read 6784 times)

SRAces

5 Aircraft Multiplayer In P3D V2.5
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
Buddy Nix hooked up with us last night and we managed to complete a 5 aircraft flight from Haines to Gustavus.  The flight went really well and everyone had a great time.  This was the first time we had 5 aircraft and it was really smooth.  No bouncing or jittery aircraft.  Here are some shots from the flight.

Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: 5 Aircraft Multiplayer In P3D V2.5
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »
I'd like to get in on this. I need to know when and how because I've never done online flights like these. I used to have vatsim but that was a long time ago and now I use Prepar3D.

Brad

SRAces

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:12:53 PM »
Brad,

We would love to have you join us.  We communicate via Skype.  Marty used to have a dedicated Teamspeak server, but it kept being invaded by a lot of folks from Chile using it, so we switched to Skype.  Skype works very well for us.

Marty is the host for all our sessions.  He works for UPS during the week and is tied up all day Saturday.  So while we might get some short flights in on the weekdays (Wednesday evening), the main flying day would be Sunday.

Last night we had Maryland, Georgia, Tennessee, Utah and California represented...lol.  We probably don't have a lot of the RTMM scenery loaded as most of us are used to flying all the Orbx areas.  Buddy probalby has all the RTMM scenery loaded.  I'm sure we will start adding more of the RTMM scenery to the mix.

I think an ideal group flight would be something that has a challenge to it (i.e. dropping off cargo, passengers, etc. at one or more multiple points).

Aircraft substitutions are always a challenge when there are aircraft that everyone does not have.  Some of the common bush planes that we fly are:  Aerosoft Beaver, Real Air Scout, Flight Replicas Super Cub, a lot of Carenado aircraft, Alabeo aircraft, etc..

I'm usually on Skype most every night NLT 9pm EST.  Marty is Mountain time and sometime does not make it on on weekdays he works until 10:30 - 11:00pm EST.  He is off on Wednesdays, so that's why we sometimes get a flight in on Wednesdays.

The record feature in P3D works very well as it allows you to play back the multiplayer session and switch between aircraft.  Look forward to chatting with you on Skype.  Look for Steve Stubbs (picture of me holding a bass).
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »
How do you use Skype to fly together on P3D? I have zero experience with Skype. Sorry.

You mind helping a rookie?

I don't know where to begin.

Brad

SRAces

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 03:44:27 PM »
LOL!  Happy to help with Skype. It makes conference/group calls simple.  If you're online tonight, we can try to hookup.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »
FWIW Teamspeak can be set to require a password to access the TeamSpeak session, which keeps snooping out.
 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:54:19 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

SRAces

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
FWIW Teamspeak can be set to require a password to access the TeamSpeak session, which keeps snooping out.
 8)

Absolutely correct there!  You can't snoop on a Skype conference call...lol.  Both are good applications for talking online.  Screen sharing when working on issues, etc.  has worked better in Skype for us.  We don't make video calls in Skype...just voice calls.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »
So I need Skype on my PC. Gotta start there I believe.

Brad

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »
I'll let Brad be the guinea pig on this one. I also find this fascinating but know nothing about it. Is this a P3D only thing? Brad, make a running commentary on how you're getting this all set up, would ya please?
The screenshots are way cool.
                                    JJ
Jsapair

Mbaclawski

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
We Do use P3D  for Multiplayer so if you have it loaded your good to go. We use Skype only to Communicate while were flying, we used TS  but we  just find Skype suits us better. I host and have everything  all set up, all you need is my IP address and some time to go flying. Sundays are best but I will be on Early Evening Tonight (Wednesday) so find either Steve or myself (Marty  Baclawski ) on Skype and we can walk you through what needs to happen to do a Multiplayer.  Hope to see you  soon.

Marty
Marty Baclawski

av8erjm

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 10:12:19 AM »
Used to do MP with FS Host and Team Speak, back a few years ago. My question is with Skype could some of us be on FSX and some on a version of Prepared or does everyone need to be running the same version of whichever
    Jim

Dieter

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
Skype is independant from any flight simulator, everybody might use his flight sim version and talk to each other via Skype.
(It's same wíth Teamspeak. Aalso FSHost can be used even when people use different flight simulators)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

av8erjm

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:17 PM »
I knew you could FS host with some using FS9 and some using FSX, but I'm naïve about the uses of Skype with different FS platforms, something that might be of interest if some one has the time to put out some info. As I understand you can set up Skype so  that each other's planes can be seen, or am I incorrect

Mbaclawski

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »
Skype is only used to communicate while were flying it has nothing to do with the Sim.  Same goes for
Teamspeak.    As far as i know you Can't cross platform Multiplayer  it's either FSX or P3D , we use P3D and do Direct connect because the connection is much better and the Planes are not Jumping all around like you find on  Fs host and the others  this way is Smooth.
Marty Baclawski

Dieter

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
we use P3D and do Direct connect
What do you mean by "direct connect"?
(Are you talking about "FSCloud"?)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals