Author Topic: Hospitals  (Read 221960 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Hospitals
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 04:22:29 PM »
I am already working on helipads at Providence Alaska Medical center in Anchorage and the Providence Medical & care Center in Seward as part of my current scenery project so you can add them to the table.  Each is a separate helipad with me as author and under construction.

Rod
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:27:55 PM by stiletto2 »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »
I put it up as Under Construction ... we'll get the exact coordinates for the helipad when it goes "green" when your scenery is done.  Posting it on the table will keep us from landing on it as a potential site.  Are you going to do the nearby Alaska Regional Hospital Heliport?

Doug
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:32:42 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »
Hey Spud,
This is a little OT for this thread, but in a few posts above you mentioned that you can't input the coordinates Doug gave as N59 39 8.31 /  W151 32 59.57 into the FSX map. If you put this in your FSX.CFG under the [MAIN] section you actually can.

LatLonFormat=seconds (You may already have this line in there.)

If you add this line, you can increase the accuracy to 5 digits

FractionalLatLonDigits=5

You can change the 5 to any number for the amount of accuracy in decimal places.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 05:32:49 PM »
I put it up as Under Construction ... we'll get the exact coordinates for the helipad when it goes "green" when your scenery is done.  Posting it on the table will keep us from landing on it as a potential site.  Are you going to do the nearby Alaska Regional Hospital Heliport?

Doug

The Heliport for Alaska Regional is already there at the one end of Merrill Field which is next to where the hospital is supposed to be.   There is just a simple "circle H" on the tarmac but it is basically in the right place.   

Rod

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »
FWIW, here's a link of about 6 webpages to some free downloadable scenery stuff involving helipads in various locations/scenarios including hospitals, trauma &medical centers, among others, from dedicated helicopter site Hovercontrol. Some of these custom scenery objects might be a bit dated and crudely designed for FSX/FS9 but will give ideas from the perspective of those who designed them and who fly helos. Just wanted to chip in if it may be something useful... :-\

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=FSX_Scenery&img=0

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:57:32 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 06:53:36 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to place a message about this project over at Hover Control because it seems to me that there are people there that are making some great city based emergency locations for Helicopters. Why not get their input into what we can do on our side of the destinations to make the experience work more realistically? And to avoid duplicate scenery being created at larger population centers in our areas of coverage.

I'm working a big helicopter show in town and might be able to ask an EMT pilot about off site locations in the bush.

Brad

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:10 AM »
I posted over at Hovercontrol to get any possible assistance and ideas flowing from their side. I think they are the leader in simulated helicopter operations and could help out a lot.

Brad

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=9a9e411ddf6eed42747eb619c0dafc3b&act=ST&f=1&t=23502&st=&&#entry179261

Doug

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
Nice post over at HoverControl, Brad. Thank you.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 10:29:36 AM »
Here you go... Reference material.

http://www.ebushpilot.com/helicopters.htm

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
Spoke with a couple of Med-Flight crews today at the Heli-Expo and they said that if there isn't a dedicated medical location at a small airfield, then they shoot for taxiways at small airports to use as pick up and drop off points for operations. Because they are in-between the ramp and the airstrip.

Uncontrolled airstrips might not have taxiways though. So it's a crapshoot really. They basically can land anywhere that any ambulance can park at. Out in the woods or other emote locations is a whole different set of circumstances though and there are no set parameters other than, relatively flat surface free of obstructions with enough clearance for a safe landing and takeoff.

Brad

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »
Excellent follow-through Brad  :)

.. And some informative links and Q&A that can help on heliport/helipad planning and designs for emergency services:

http://www.keu92.org/uploads/Search%20engineering/HELIPORT%20DESIGN%20AND%20PLANNING.pdf

https://new.rotor.com/portals/1/publication/Heliports_25_Most_Asked_Questions.pdf

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Doug

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:42 PM »
And here is Steve Downing's first hospital complex for us. This is Bartlett Regional Hospital at Juneau. Notice how he has put a "medical dock" just down the hill from the hospital?  There is a significant heliport across the water and toward the airport, that is where the helicopters will probably be stationed. What Steve has created here is what we are going to try to accomplish with many of these. For the more urban hospitals, there probably will not be a dock.  We intend to have only a few of the "major" facilities. Most of the facilities will be much smaller and more remote.  We will do our best to keep them as real as possible.  But with the attached screenshot, you should get a "feel" for the direction of the project.  Thanks to Steve for this excellent first rendering.

UPDATE: There is now a windsock on the top of the hospital and one over at 18AK (North Douglas Helipad). If you are interested and want to keep up with the project, as we get things completed, they will be in the zip folder you can download from the Medical Facilities Table at the bottom of the Here2There page.  Not a lot in the folder yet, but this is where you will find the latest.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:28:14 PM by Doug »

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »
I think we need to find 2 more buildings to use.  Something medium size with an external helipad to use in places where the two big ones we have now look out of place and a small one on the scale of the RTMM air taxi building to be use with an external helipad in the small communities.  Comments?

Doug

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
Steve, if you have it, check out the Machmel Village at OwiKeeno at N51 39.33   W126 41.73.  There's one I jury-Rigged to become a little medical facility.

Doug

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
I don't have it, but I'll load it up and take a look at it.  I jury rigged one on the Sitka scenery I sent you.  The hospitals we had were just too big to look right and a tiny one would work either.