Author Topic: Where's Terrain.cfg go in P3D 2.5  (Read 11630 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Where's Terrain.cfg go in P3D 2.5
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:12:29 PM »
I need some help please,

I'm in the process of re-installing all ORBX regions we use and Tongass Fjords. I have read that after a re-install of Tongass Fjords X in P3D 2.5, that trees will appear in the water at various locations and that my saved from 2.4 edition of Terrain.cfg is needed to remedy this.

I need to know where in P3D 2.5 I need to place my saved 2.4 terrain.cfg file?

Thanks in advance,

Brad

dexthom

Re: Where's Terrain.cfg go in P3D 2.5
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Your P3D Folder Name\terrain.cfg

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 08:10:32 PM »
I'm OK at Wrangell, but YES BAY LODGE has no water. I moved the terrain file... boy after working on this all day, this wasn't what I was looking forward to!

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:36:17 PM »
 ??? :P
 8) ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:55:45 AM »
I had moved the terrain.cfg, put in PFJ again, no water. Then used FTX central and changed to default and back to NA...water!!  I was caching the old one.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:12 AM »
Thank you Dex! That was the answer I was looking for. No more trees where water should be in Tongass Fjords.

Brad

Doug

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:36 AM »
I'm getting an Object Flow Module that is trying to run, SAK_P3D.dll ... how can I turn that off, it crashes P3D.

SRAces

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 10:20:38 AM »
I'm getting an Object Flow Module that is trying to run, SAK_P3D.dll ... how can I turn that off, it crashes P3D.

Go to your Boot drive in file manager, find your name or identity you use on the PC, navigate to the App Data/Roaming/Lockheed Martin folder (I think it drills down to P3D...at work so I cannot verify this).

Look for the file called "dll".  Open that using Notepad.  Find the second line in each module that is giving you trouble and change the entry from Disabled "False" to Disabled "True".  Usually the issues are related to the Object Libraries in each region/airport.  It's funny that even after you disable them from loading in that DLL file, you still see object flow in the sim.

Steve
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 11:36:42 AM »
Doug,

In case you haven't yet, Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest ORBX library as it not only adds new object's but also I believe there is a fix for the new P3D 2.5 version for FTX Central. I remember seeing a pop up that updates object flow.

Brad

Doug

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 03:42:56 PM »
Hi Brad and Steve ... I haven't got the new library yet. Will get it. Steve, that fixed the problem, whatever it was, it is now gone!

I've got 2.5 in and working (Brad thank heavens for that Scenery Object tester ... that thing really helped). The hurdle are those darned libraries, I wish there was a way to make it a one step process. But it cannot be done. Once past that, things begin coming together.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »
Looks like I'm back on line (except for IS3). The Solid State drive is amazing, P3D boots to a new location in 45 seconds ... was up to 9 minutes before.  But I also did a Win 7 reinstall, so got rid of a lot of crap in the registry from the past 4 years.  Running 40 FPS and 30 over Ketchikan. Can't ask for more!

1. Prob 1: P3D will do a save, but it always saves as winter. (who knows?)
2. Opus stays in "demonstration mode" (got a trouble ticket in on that)

I had to re-activate all of the scenery locations in the scenery library. I had my old scenery.cfg, but it didn't help. Everything looking good in 2.5 so far.

Since I started from "scratch" on this one, I really have empathy for new folk here ... I (supposedly) have a clue to what I'm doing ... and it wasn't easy.  I know our object library instructions sort of have to be the way they are as we protect the copyrights. But I'd sure like us to work on a "here's how" Step 1 is ... with screen caps and anything else it takes to make it easy for the folks.  Just thinking out loud here.  Glad to be parked in front of Misty's Place again in the beaver.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
Just a note on ObjectFlow .dll error. I got it trying to re-install the new libraries (FSX DX10) The fix was to go to MSFSX/ORBX/Scripts and run ObjectFlow.exe. That apparently updates .dll files not included in the new libs. Caught that in a post from ED at ORBX.
                                         JJ
Jsapair