Author Topic: Operational on P3Dv2.5  (Read 3670 times)

dexthom

Operational on P3Dv2.5
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:01 AM »
I have moved to P3D v2.5!  All is operational except Instant Scenery and the new ddl should be out soon.  Active Sky put out a Beta service pack that works just fine.  If you have the A2A 182 you will have to reinstall that after your move. 

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
Re: Operational on P3Dv2.5
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »
Just my experience and my opinion!

I just finished installing and testing P3d 2.5 with all ORBX, Tongass, FSG2010 and Misty Moorings add-ons and it works beautifully… as it already did with version 2.4.
To be frank, I do not see much difference: same FPS, same general quality, same stability which was always good for me.
Presently, on my machine and according to my own personal taste, FSX still looks a little bit better and offer higher fps such as 30-35 fps versus 25-30 fps on P3D. But this is really not important as in both cases the control of the aircraft is very realistic and enjoyable. By the way, these performance might seem in the low range, but my personal taste is low and slow flying over nice landscapes in any kind of weather. And I really push the graphic quality to a very high level which has a massive influence on the fps.
I made a fresh install, deleting everything, P3D V.2.4 and all add-ons and sceneries connected with the former version. I also reinstalled all the ORBX sceneries: Global, Global vector, Australia, New Zealand South and North, Papua, Open LC Europe, England, Scotland, Norway, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Central Rockies, Northern Rockies, Northern California, Pacific Fjords, Pacific North-West, Southern Alaska and lots of ORBX airports.
To install some of these sceneries delivered without a specific P3d V.2 installer, I used the very good “FSX to Prepare 3d migration tool” from NGO Flight Sim Estonia (http://www.flightsim.ee/) which worked perfectly.

Concerning the MM Sceneries, I use a common library for FSX and P3d. I do the same thing for most other scenery add-ons. Exception, the ORBX sceneries which normally require a specific installation program for each simulator. But whenever it is feasible, I use the same library for the 2 programs.
By the way, to have P3D V. 2.5 working with ORBS sceneries, it is a must to use the latest ORBX LIBRARIES (FTXORBXLIBS_P3Dv2_150215) specifically written for the new version 2.5 and it should be reloaded again after each new program install.
Finally, it is a very long job. Total roughly 25-30 hours using already downloaded ORBX, Tongass and PILOT FSG2010 programs! But one knows already that these ORBX sceneries take hours to setup!
The remaining question: is it worth the effort to install this type of update when everything is already working fine and when most of the scenery, what one sees, is outsourced and does not belong to the basic program? Good question! (I keep my answer for myself!)

Sorry if my English is difficult to decipher, but my own language is French…
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348