Author Topic: Prepared for more snow  (Read 4091 times)

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
Prepared for more snow
« on: February 14, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
They say 12-16" more inches tonight and into tomorrow.  That'll make about 6' in the past 4 weeks  :o   Sounds like a good time to install a bunch more scenery and have the time to check it out  :D

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Prepared for more snow
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »
Here in the Sierra foothills in Nor. Cal it was 70 degrees today. Low this morning was 55. We're worried more about mosquitoes than anything else. I hope winter is not over though...we desperately need some rain and snow. Send some of that our way.
                                                     JJ
Jsapair

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »
Well, we ended up with about a foot of light fluffy snow which the 35 to 50 mph winds instantly turned into blizzard conditions.  Add to that temps that dropped to -30 F in some places and you end up with a blizzard and  -60 F wind chills. 

Usually we don't get this kind of cold combined with the snow.  We usually get the snow in Feb and the cold in Jan.  Of course that makes it nice light fluffy snow, but we're ending up with no place to put it all.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »
Hilton Head SC...predicted low tonight is 19F

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
-16 predicted tonight for NE Ohio. I'll take the tropical weather tonight at Hilton Head compared to this.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:56:59 PM »
We might make it down to 32 degrees just south of Tampa.

Rod

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »
I found it interesting that Anchorage hit 45 F the other day and Ketchikan has routinely been running warmer than it has here.  What happened to global warming?

We're setting up for more snow this weekend  :o
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:41:16 AM by sddinnh »

av8erjm

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »
OR has been having unusual wx as well, hanging in the 50's and 60's very little rain or snow in the mountains. If we don't get a wet March and April, we are gonna be in some deep Kimshee. I for one can see water rationing and/or higher water rates to get the folks to conserve,

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
I found it interesting that Anchorage hit 45 F the other day and Ketchikan has routinely been running warmer than it has here.  What happened to global warming?

We're setting up for more snow this weekend  :o

Looks like it move north?!?
 :P
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
Have I lived to see the day when Florida looks to Washington as a vacation destination?   :o

(I hear OREGON is nicer!  WAY NICER!)   ;D

It almost rained here yesterday.  ???
It might rain again today too.   :P 

Temp is 47 F.  8)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:18:35 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 09:10:55 PM »
The fruit and nut trees are all in bloom. They're confused. Flirted with 70 degrees again today. Giant almond industry in the Sacramento Valley 2500' below here. The majority of almonds in the US come from there. 'Course now we'll get a rain and it'll knock all the blossoms off and everybody will scream about the price of almonds this year. Gee, I hope we get a rain anyway but nothing in the long range forecast. We're hurtin' for certain. Think I'll BBQ some ribs on the deck tonight.
Jsapair

av8erjm

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »
The fruit and nut trees are all in bloom. They're confused. Flirted with 70 degrees again today. Giant almond industry in the Sacramento Valley 2500' below here. The majority of almonds in the US come from there. 'Course now we'll get a rain and it'll knock all the blossoms off and everybody will scream about the price of almonds this year. Gee, I hope we get a rain anyway but nothing in the long range forecast. We're hurtin' for certain. Think I'll BBQ some ribs on the deck tonight.
I had a real life pilot friend who retired from Flying Tigers Air, who got into almond farming around Sacto, I asked him how he liked being a Almond Farmer, with a twinkle in his eye, he said it was great, he just waited around waiting for his nuts to drop. Probably an old joke, but it had me sorting scotch out thru my nose

jsapair

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »
Yeah, nut-dropping usually occurs when the tree is 10-12. Haha. No, the nut industry is serious business around here. Unfortunately a lot of that land is being bull dozed for sub-divisions. Can't really blame the farmers. Show me the money. Okay, I won't hijack the thread any more than I already have.

JJ
Jsapair