Author Topic: Did all the updates and now Annette Island RWY up in the air!!  (Read 5678 times)

roundrobin

Did all the updates and now Annette Island RWY up in the air!!
« on: February 08, 2015, 06:07:08 PM »
Just flew down to PANT after doing all the ORBX updates, including the Object lib (last) and the PANT RWY is now about 30ft up in the air. All objects there are fine. Just the RNWY elevation.
My water textures are also changed. Not sure I like the new ones.

I guess I should have applied the old rule: If ain't broke, don't fix it!

It was running so good!!

Cheers

Al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Did all the updates and now Annette Island RWY up in the air!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »
Hi Al,
     We can fix that, I bet.  Sorry, I misread your post.  I thought you were talking about PAKT.  But I have also had raised PANT issues in the past. 

. . . working on solution . . .

Read this thread . . .

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=515.msg3719#msg3719
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:21:42 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

roundrobin

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:44:25 PM »
Hi Jeff and all

This is what I am looking at now at PANT. Haven't looked at PAKT yet.

roundrobin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »
Hi Al,
     We can fix that, I bet.  Sorry, I misread your post.  I thought you were talking about PAKT.  But I have also had raised PANT issues in the past. 

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! Fixed it!!!!
I guess I can put the razor blade and the rope away :-)
al

BBQSteve

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 09:11:53 AM »
Realize this was two years ago, but what was the solution? Mine was fine , but yesterday's MFC flight caught me by surprise with the raised runways and taxiways. I've turned off various bgl's to no avail.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 01:17:21 PM »
Realize this was two years ago, but what was the solution? Mine was fine , but yesterday's MFC flight caught me by surprise with the raised runways and taxiways. I've turned off various bgl's to no avail.

You broke your PANT?  Any other 3rd party above PANT? Or mesh messing it up..  or like the scenery order >> FTX insertion points wrong.. (or order reverted when one of the FTX Central updates updated).. give that a quick check.. 

If still messed up do a search in your scenery folders for PANT or Annette to see if there are any out there that might be wrecking your elevation for RTMM PANT. (Might check your Vector too for  PANT on or off..
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BBQSteve

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »
Well I started to post earlier that I had disabled all scenery with PANT in the title and still had elevation issues. That would have been true, except that there is one file out there effecting PANT as well and does not have it in the name, APX12120.bgl in the base0101 directory. I use fsaerodata for updating my P3Dv4 installation and it rewrites these files for database updates. Apparently something has gone wrong and now I have no clue what to do other than turn this file off until I get an update that is correct.

Anyone got any ideas out there?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
  It's not a matter of disabling all PANT scenery, it comes down to "changing" the state of the airports elevation.  The Vector elevation correction tool sometimes gets it wrong, and you need to change the elevation files from .inactive to .bgl (or .bgl to .inactive).  Run Vector and see if PANT is being disabled or enabled in it.  Change it and see if that fixes your elevation issue.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

BBQSteve

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 07:52:38 AM »
Sorry Jeff, PANT is not a Vector airport.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:11 AM »
Well actually most airports are vectorized including PANT, either ON or OFF. PANT should be there it just doesn't come up in the auto run elevation configuration.

Find your main ORBX folder and search "PANT": That should yield a few PANT results: but as Jeff mentioned what you are looking for is the elevation adjustment file:

ADE_FTX_PFJ_PANT_elevation_adjustment.BGL it might be active or OFF. (So active or ON - do a test:  change it to off. (Just rename the file ADE_FTX_PFJ_PANT_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF or .inactive) and test it. (Sim restart). And check PANT.

If you have changed ot but still see the same mis-elevation then vector was not the problem and you have other scenery that is affecting the PANT elevation: IE another 3rd party scenery for PANT that is above RTMM PANT or the scenery order is messed up: which might be FTX sitting on top of RTMM scenery messing up the elevation. You'll have to confirm your order via FTXCentral3.. (Then in your sim, make sure you have your rtmm libraries below your other RTMM adds.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BBQSteve

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »
As I said previously, which you must have missed, all PANT scenery has been turned off and the error still persisted. The elevation file was present and active, which I also turned off to no avail. NavMap led me to the APX12120.bgl which I also turned off and with all else on scenery is fine.

Now let me summarize, all PANT scenery off, rwy still elevated between hills, all PANT scenery on and APX12120.bgl off and all is fine. I have now also tried with fsaerodata disabled and the same elevated rwy and taxiways..     :(

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
I feel a lot of apples and oranges discussion going on here.   The word vector can refer to many things.  If a reference is being made to ORBX Vector then it should have no effect on any area inside an ORBX region.  ORBX regions override all ORBX FTX Global files.  PANT is clearly inside an ORBX Region.

In reading Steve's posts, it sounds like this problem could have been caused by  fsaerodata , a third party package to update the FSX/P3D aeronautical navigational database to current real world data that most of us don't use.   This software is mostly used when shooting real world approaches etc. in the sim or if alignment is necessary with a third party air traffic control package like VoxATC etc.   If  fsaerodata has modified the standard APX12120.bgl file then you may need to put the original file back from a backup.  Turning off a standard FSX/P3D APX file to make a scene look right should not be done as unpredictable results may occur.   Also, I am a little surprised that a normal APX file would affect elevation. 

If the APX file has been corrupted or modified it needs to be replaced from backup with the original to see if that fixes the problem.  If the APX12120 file has not been modified by fsaerodata or any other program then the problem clearly lies with an addon elevation file that is affecting the PANT area.   It should not be any file that is part of ORBX Global.

If the problem persists with the original APX12120 in place, I recommend you turn off all of your addon sceneries except the PFJ ORBX region, object library and so on(the minimum for ORBX PFJ to run properly) to see if it corrects the elevation. 

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »
Thanks for the input Rod. I have discussed this with the Jose Rubio at fsaerodata and he thinks it is probably not fsaerodata as he says it does not change elevation data. I will probably end up disabling all files and see what happens.

BBQSteve

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »
After many hours of loading and unloading scenery files, the culprit has been found. ORBX, ADE_FTX_PFJ_PANT_Annette_Island.BGL. Without this file I have a level field with all the MM scenery in place and showing. Only thing really missing I can tell is the paved runway and taxiways. Don't really miss them, but I do wonder why all of a sudden this issue arose. In any case, I think it looks better in dirt!  ::)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 12:02:45 PM »
     Do you have in your scenery/world/scenery folder "ADE_FTX_PFJ_PANT_elevation_adjustment.BGL"?  Is it off or on, and does it make a difference on your sim?  Mine is on.  There is a backup of that file in the "/Orbx/Scripts/Custom.na/OFF" folder also.  FYI   ;)