Author Topic: a little mixed up about FTX Global and FTX North America  (Read 4664 times)

roundrobin

a little mixed up about FTX Global and FTX North America
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »
Hi friends,

I purchased the FTX Global and Vector. Installed them both.
Now my FTX Central offers me to go to FTX Global or North America. Not sure what does what.

al

roundrobin

Re: a little mixed up about FTX Global and FTX North America
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:24:17 PM »
I am getting so confused with all this scenery. Now I find out that everything I have from ORBX is out of date. I download SAK SP4 and find out I have to install SP3. It seems to never end......I hope that after all these installs, my flight sim turns on  :o

So I need to install:
SAK SP3 and SP4
Global Vector SP 1.15 and 1.20
NA Sp 004
NA PACIFIC NW SP005 and SP008
PAKT (I was sure I had seen or even done an update there but can't find it anymore)
NA Central Rockies SP 003
ORBX new object library

Enough to drive you mad!!! I can't understand why they couldn't put out a bug free product in the first place and why idiots like me buy this crap.

God grant me the serenity .............

al

roundrobin

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »
Hi friends,

I purchased the FTX Global and Vector. Installed them both.
Now my FTX Central offers me to go to FTX Global or North America. Not sure what does what.

al

Got it figured out. Sorry for venting but it gets frustrating and the main reason is my mind isn't the way it was 10 years ago!!! I get overwelmed very easyly. Some of you will understand.

al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:12:29 AM »
You're preachin' to the Choir here, Al.  Doesn't each one give you just a little more hope that the sim will be better for it (eventually) though?  That's what drives me.   ;)    ::)
(downloading the PAKT 1.10 now.   :P )

Serenity Now   :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:52:57 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
Al,
it isn't that the ORBX products are flawed per se but when ever new scenery is released there "probably" are new scenery objects introduced and this is the reason that the ORBX Library is constantly changing and needs to be re-uploaded and re-installed right over top of the old ORBX libraries in your sim via the installer. Region service packs or updates are used to make corrections in already released scenery that have been discovered after original release.
This is how ORBX keeps their scenery as nearly 'bug free' as they can.  Unfortunately FSX will always require constant attention and corrections if you want it to run correctly (or at all).  Just no way around it the program itself was never finished and IMHO is one of the poorest version of flight simulator ever released.  Its like owning an English mad automobile, if you don't like to tinker under the hood then stay away from them. :P
 8)
Later,

Spud

roundrobin

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »
[Serenity Now   :)
[/quote]

Jeff

Could you give me a link to the PAKT 1.10 . For some reason I can't find that.

cheers

al

roundrobin

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »
Serenity Now   :)

I have the entire Seinfield collection and that was my favorite episode. What a great series, that was.

al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »
Hi Al,
     What you need to do is go to flightsim.com (or wherever you bought PAKT from originally) and re-download it.  The file is now version 1.10.  Have you checked as to whether you are already at 1.10?  When did you buy your copy?  I guess you already said yours is only 1.0.  Ok then, go download it from the store you bought it from originally.   ;)

I can't give you a link, because it would be to MY account's download page, not yours.   :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

roundrobin

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »
Hi Al,
     What you need to do is go to flightsim.com (or wherever you bought PAKT from originally) and re-download it.  The file is now version 1.10.  Have you checked as to whether you are already at 1.10?  When did you buy your copy?  I guess you already said yours is only 1.0.  Ok then, go download it from the store you bought it from originally.   ;)

I can't give you a link, because it would be to MY account's download page, not yours.   :o

Thanks Jeff,
I have the box version 1.0 from PCAviator. He doesn't offer an update. So the lesson here is don't buy any software from a reseller.

Al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
 :'(

(. . . well, what are you "missing" by not having the update?)   
  I installed mine and flew around PAKT this afternoon.  It worked fine, but I didn't see any "differences" that I could notice.  I would have to find the changelog for the update.  I don't feel like digging it up, sorry.  :-[

(. . . some time later that evening . . .)
I did some digging anyway, and came up with the changelog for the PAKT SP1 update.  I don't know if it's the same thing as v1.10, but for what it's worth . . .

Changelog:
- fixed runway crash
- fixed taxiway centrline lighting not showing at dawn/dusk
- fixed taxiway edge lighting not showing at dawn/dusk
- fixed runway centrline lighting not showing at dawn/dusk
- fixed runway edge lighting not showing at dawn/dusk
- fixed texture banding on building textures
- added 3D rocks all along the coast of the airport terrain
- added new airport clutter objects
- added porta-cabins to airport area
- added ferry docks to ketchikan town waterfront
- added static car ferry
- modelled all industrial buildings along the ketchikan waterfront instead of autogen
- added hundreds of custom shipping containers to dock areas
- added shipping to dock areas
- added 3D marina's
- added hundreds of small boats and private yachts to populate marina areas
- added radio mast to comms building next to fire station
- amended and added lots of extra autogen veg around the ketchikan waterfront
- added gas and oil tanks to ketchikan waterfront
- improved the airport boundary fence texture
- improved existing PLC files to better populate the scenery
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:37:12 PM by jeff3163 »

roundrobin

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
:'(

(. . . well, what are you "missing" by not having the update?)   
  I installed mine and flew around PAKT this afternoon.  It worked fine, but I didn't see any "differences" that I could notice.  I would have to find the changelog for the update.  I don't feel like digging it up, sorry.  :-[

Yea Jeff,
I read on one forum that it caused more problems than it fixed. I'll  do just fine without it

Thanks

Al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »
Yea Jeff,
I read on one forum that it caused more problems than it fixed.

Don't say that!!  I just installed it.  Well, I'll find out for myself then.  I put it into my P3Dv2.4 install.  Seemed just fine when I flew around it.  We'll see.  Actually, I keep thinking . . ."I use to have the update installed".  But can't find evidence to support that.   :-\

. . . maybe I forgot why I didn't install it before? ???  Time will tell.   :-\

roundrobin

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 11:37:35 PM »
Yea Jeff,
I read on one forum that it caused more problems than it fixed.

Don't say that!!  I just installed it.  Well, I'll find out for myself then.  I put it into my P3Dv2.4 install.  Seemed just fine when I flew around it.  We'll see.  Actually, I keep thinking . . ."I use to have the update installed".  But can't find evidence to support that.   :-\

. . . maybe I forgot why I didn't install it before? ???  Time will tell.   :-\

Jeff
I just reviewed the newer video and there quite a bit of difference. What I like about the PAKT scenery is the control manager. You can have as much or as little as you want.

Cheers

Al