Author Topic: Little Oliver Creek visit  (Read 3751 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Little Oliver Creek visit
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
Jim Tweto is foremost a businessman and when the opportunity came for a charter to drop folks at Little Oliver Creek he loaded up and flew to the valley.

Unloading and ignoring the WUSS in the chopper!

This the takeoff view, good thing the valley is going down hill!

8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Little Oliver Creek visit
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
 ;) Ah, Spud. What a nice location you found there. Looks like a pleasant landing awaits all who visit this little camp. ;D Please share with us how your flight here went.

And where did that Jim Tweto paintjob come from? Did you do that? Eagle Skinner? I like it, since we don't have a Misty's paint job yet for the C185. Yet.

Brad 

Brad

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
Not from me - you will have to pay me to paint a carenado again - or they need to do a lot of work with paintability using their paintkits. I like their planes well enough. Just aren't paintable.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
Brad,
the Tweto repaint is available at flightsim.com file name:  tweto1.zip  If I recall it takes some tweaking to get it to show but looking at other repaints I 'fingered' it out.
As for the the flight to Little Oliver, used the flight plan file to find the place.  As all good 'bushy's' do I made a pass over the local to scout out what went where.  Climbed up the valley (full power) over the ridge to the left.  Dropped down on the river and turned left up the valley again.  Using full flaps at 68 mph and 350' above the stream I reduced power at the corner and dropped into the 'field' without too much problem except still in a left turn and bounced a couple of times but the 185 got r' done.  I use the Bushpounder flight file, but modified, so the gear is not as springy as the one on his site.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »
Nice one Spud, it's really great to see folks enjoying the stuff we do!

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
Looks great Spud.  I will need to tone my skills and become a better Bushy then try Little Oliver Creek.

Gotta Love This Hobby...
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography