Author Topic: Orbx to release their 100th package  (Read 6622 times)

dexthom

Orbx to release their 100th package
« on: January 28, 2015, 08:45:04 AM »
A quote from JV: "Hello everyone.

Did you know that Orbx has released 469 products in the past seven years?

Payware: 99
Non-global freeware: 21
Global freeware pack airports: 349

That makes us the most prolific FS publisher in the world, and we have nearly a 5:1 ratio of freeware to payware, so that makes us the most generous FS publisher in the world as well :)

Shortly we will be releasing our 100th payware product. Previews will begin very soon. As a thank you to our customers we will be releasing this at less than half price - AU$14.95 or about US11 or £7.50

Just our way of saying thanks for all your support these past seven years and for helping Orbx become the fastest growing FS publisher in the world."

It looks like Homer will be the 100th...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:31:45 AM by dexthom »

SRAces

Re: Orbx to release their 100th package
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:08:23 AM »
I hope Homer (PAHO) is the 100th package.  When Alex first mentioned it to me that he was working on it I knew I had to have it.  Spent 7 years in Alaska and visited Homer every summer.  The "spit" as the call it (small strip of land that extends out with the harbor and the buildings) is represented very well in the screen shots that have been posted.  Awesome work by Alex!
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »
Steve,

Are you familiar with our scenery offering of Halibut Cove? It's right across from Homer Spit and includes some great detailed work by the team. It should compliment Homer airport nicely when it arrives

Brad

SRAces

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:19 PM »
Brad,

I'll have to check it out.  Been spending way to much time making scenery objects and trying new scenery techniques.  Trying to teach this old dog new tricks. ;D  Scenery design is something I have been wanting to get better at.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:42 PM »
Steve,
Did you ever solve the missing object parts mystery you posted about the other day?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

SRAces

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
No not yet.  It's funny that it will show up and display perfectly in P3D when you add it using Instant Scenery and will stay there even if you change location or reset to your saved starting scenario.  But if you back all the way out of P3D and restart the sim, that's when the issues happen.

I have been told that exporting from Sketchup to a Collada (dae) file format has it's quirks sometimes.  I know that has happened to me before in the past, but not that often.  That's the most frustrating part of scenery design for me.  I can make and texture most anything.  It's getting it to show up in the sim and stay visible that's the challenge.  Night lighting has it's quirks, but not like the issues I am currently experiencing.  I mentioned to a few other folks that I might me making the objects too detailed...lol.  But that doesn't explain why they render first and then are missing parts (invisible) and not there at all when I restart the sim.

Still new to scenery design.  It's not like painting a plane.  Thanks for asking!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:09:37 PM by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
Just for fun, have you tried exporting as a KMZ and then run it through MCX? There's also some quirky things that IS can do to you, but they usually involve having the entire model disappear. Do you have the latest development release of MCX? Arno is updating fairly regularly again.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 03:06:24 AM »
hi is on  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/portal/
i don't purchase for this scenery it is in the middle of nowhere  ::) in ORBX regions or GLOBAL

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:00 AM »
hi is on  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/portal/
i don't purchase for this scenery it is in the middle of nowhere  ::) in ORBX regions or GLOBAL

Patrick

Yes, Parry Sound in Toronto.  I thought the same thing.  I'm never gonna go there.  :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »
Been to that region in a beautiful area of Lake Huron. A great addition to the ORBX family and I'll definitely buy it.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »
Been to that region in a beautiful area of Lake Huron. A great addition to the ORBX family and I'll definitely buy it.

YEP you h'bought  the same objects already in other scenes Orbx even : runway taxi markings , station gaz , people and flow ...etc. But, only the situation terrain in this state   ;D ;D ;D

and it's not nearest an ORBX region ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parry_Sound,_Ontario

did you go from misty sceneries with beaver , C150 or Helico ??
Only an area  but lake Huron no special arrangements ...

Halibut Cove to Parry sound 2600 nautical 21:15 of flight at 120 kts  without wind ;D ;D ;D

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
Not following completely what you're saying, but lots of ORBX freeware type airports are miles and miles from the Misty or other regions, so I don't care.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
Yep,
the Global Freeware Airport Packs (20 in all) have 431 airports in North America and none are in a 'full fat' ORBX Region.  (Perhaps 1 or 2 may be now).
In addition there are the Global Freeware European packs (7 in all) with 55 European airports.
Just because the airport isn't located in an ORBX region it can still be updated to a higher standard than default FSX airports for us to enjoy.

8)
Later,

Spud