Author Topic: Prepar3D 2.5 Update Problems  (Read 37120 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Prepar3D 2.5 Update Problems
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:51:05 AM »
Hi all,

Just read on ORBX forum that ORBX users should not be in rush to get Prepar3Dv2.5 when it releases as ORBX has to make some changes to get things to work again.  See this post:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/91641-please-delay-your-move-to-p3d25-until-we-ship-some-new-files/

Also read that Prepar3Dv2.5 will require a complete re-install since it is changing certain folder structures.  That is not good news. 

Rod

SRAces

Re: Prepar3D 2.5 Update Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »
I've been following it as well and might hold off and watch the online forums to see what the new files structure does to folks with current addons.   The issue with the file structure might be easily overcome depending on what they changed.  The fact that Lockheed-Martin is constantly working to make it better is a plus, but the jury is still out for me as far as upgrading to version 2.5.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »
I've really got mine running smoothly right now (Prob with Plan-G but that's separate). It will have to take a darned interesting "update" to get me to move to the next version. When it is all working so smoothly i don't know what improvements they could make.  Looks like they are doing a lot with the observer, cameras, etc, I don't use those.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 10:10:09 PM »
Well one key thing they are supposed to have fixed is the problem with not showing the effects if you don't recycle the engine.  When I fly to someplace I like to see the smoke coming out of the chimneys without have to do a recycle.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »
I'm not a P3D guy but the biggest problem I see from the ORBX post by JV is that while P3D v2.5 probably works OK in and of itself there is potentially a major problem porting ORBX scenery to the new version.  No ORBX scenery means no RTMM scenery also.  I would sure wait until the issue with ORBX has been worked out before jumping on the latest and greatest P3D as so many people seem to do right out of the gate.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 12:03:02 AM »
I'd sure hate to be working for ORBX right now.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

dexthom

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »
They need to heed JV's warning.  "I will announce when we've tested our fixes and you can move to 2.5 "

dexthom

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »
Prepar3d V2.5 has been released.  I have it in hand.  I burnt it to three dvd disk and will go into a holding pattern until Orbx does their thing.  I have made backup copies of scenery.cfg, dll.xml, prepar3d.cfg and exe.xml.
When the time comes I will rename my existing folder and do an uninstall.  That should remove it form the registry and leave my folder with all my scenery and critical configs that I can move over after I get the go to install 2.5.  Good Luck to all.... 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 11:00:18 PM »
Thanks Dex,  8)
     Download commencing.  I'll store the files (P3Dv2.5+SDK) on my HD until later and wait for the Orbx update to come out.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 06:25:57 AM »
Waiting for the report back from you guys first.

Thanks for taking the first steps. I'm really over this install/uninstall procedure anymore.

"I Just Want to Fly....  "

SRAces

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 09:44:16 AM »
I installed version 2.5 the night it came out.  Been under the weather the past few days.  I plan on tackling the scenery installs by the weekend and can post back how it went.  My custom scenery I was building was there after I installed V2.5 (even with the few MM objects).  I did not go look to see if everything was removed or parts were still in the folders after I uninstalled V2.4 and just installed 2.5 back into the same directory on my non-boot drive.

Still dragging, but at work today...lol.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 03:58:51 PM »
Holy moly, sure glad I read this thread. I will go into a holding pattern with 2.5 gezzzz I was very VERY close to removing 2.4 and installing 2.5 in fact just wrote a mail to the team about it 

Thanks Rod  for this post.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
Holy moly, sure glad I read this thread. I will go into a holding pattern with 2.5 gezzzz I was very VERY close to removing 2.4 and installing 2.5 in fact just wrote a mail to the team about it 

Thanks Rod  for this post.

Whew!  I was worried when your email said you were gonna install 2.5.  Glad you came here and saw the thread FIRST.  Yay!   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 07:37:34 AM »
Hi all  members RTMM users P3D

after your install don't miss to delete this folder into  C:\Users\All Users\Package Cache

All 11 giga be deleted on your hard drive C:/  and if you have another Folders in it, you can easly delet. whitout inconvenient .

that awesome for free space DD  ;)

Patrick
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:46:39 AM by NeptuneP2V7 »
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

SRAces

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
I've been under the weather for the past few days., so I took today and Friday off from work.  I initially uninstalled P3D v2.4 and left all the folders in the original locations.  Installed and activated V2.5 with no issues.

On starting P3D v2.5 you get a lot of Orbx Object flow errors, so I went into the file that controls those and disabled them.  I figure when they releas updates, then I'll update them.  Not worried about Object Flow at the moment.

I haven't been able to verify what was affected outside of my Orbyx areas (i.e. scenery textures, mesh, etc.) but it's all still listed in the World Scenery Library.  I would suggest backing up your scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg files before loading P3D v2.5.  Those are the files that really affect the scenery.

So far my MM scenery and Orbyx scenery shows up perfectly.  My only issue is the Tongass region.  Re-installing did not help.  Will keep playing with it. 

Instant Scenery doesn't work.  I know there will be an update for that!  OPUS FSI weather still works as well as REX.   That's it so far.  Crisper colors and beter frame rates so far.

****Update**** Orbx is messed up as well.  Might be able to determine the cause.  Will report back.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:54:19 PM by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA