Author Topic: Tongass Fjords and Orbx global vector  (Read 9245 times)

bailout3

Tongass Fjords and Orbx global vector
« on: January 18, 2015, 05:01:27 PM »
Hi...I'm new here so I hope I'm in the right location for my question. I have all of the PNW regions from NOCAL to Alasks also I have global vector (FTX) I want to be able to enjoy your free AI ship package that is available which covers from Oregon to alaska. I did down load it but didn't realalize I would need the tongass fjords for FSX in order to run the program. I tried to without it and your warning was correct...it caused problems with FSX crashing at various points. I am quite willing to purchase tongass fjordsX but my question is ...is it compatible with PNW with global vector installed? I removed the free AI boat scenery but before I spend the $$ would like to know it won't cause problems with my other software. I don't have any mesh or other programs of that nature.
One more thing...where should I go to purchase your product?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Tongass Fjords and Orbx global vector
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:19:33 PM »
Hi Bailout3, and welcome to RTMM.  I use all those programs together in both FSX and P3Dv2.4.  I have all the Orbx regions installed, as well as Global, Vector, Tongass Fjords X and the shipping packages.  They all work together, and I see ships up and down the coast.  I was just flying around the Oregon coast this morning.

The Tongass Fjords X program is sold by FSAddon, and the link is http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-tongass-fjords-x.phtml

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

bailout3

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »
Thanks Jeff for the quick response. I had the AI shipping working a bit off the Oregon coast and it looked great but as I got closer to Washington Canadian border I started having problems due to the missing Tongass files I presume so I uninstalled the AI boats. One other question...I also have all the Orbx payware airports in the Tongass area Ketchikan. Belle Coola Stewart etc.. Will they be affected?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 01:39:28 AM »
No, I think Ketchikan or Sitka are closest.  They are all fine together.  I have all Orbx airports, RTMM airstrips, and Tongass.  No problems. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

dexthom

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:37:19 AM »
Don't forget to ask for your discount as an RTMM member when you go to FSADDON to buy Tongass.

bailout3

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 09:03:12 AM »
That settles it then I'm going to purchase it today and thanks dexthom I will ask for the discount.

bailout3

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »
I purchased and installed T.F. and all is working well. I then added the shipping package which is also working great and adds so much more enjoyment in flying the PNW. I am now reading through Mist Moorings site...wow!  This is going to be fun with all the scenery and objects that can be added here. It's a whole new world for FSX. Thank you for your help with the information I needed to start this new adventure.

dexthom

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »
A pleasure doing business with you!  There is more to come, stay tuned.

TerryT

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 07:36:00 AM »
I purchased Tongass Pjords this morning.

Got to admit it looks ace. Now for some boats from on here :)

Thanks

Terry

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:55 PM »
Way to go Bailout and Terry T!! Tongass Fjords is amazing. Still one of the best and it holds up nicely.
Welcome to the support group for Bush Pilots Anonymous!  And welcome to all the new pilots onboard here at RTMM! The family is big and getting bigger everyday. I love it!

Brad
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:33:04 PM by Bradallen43 »

bailout3

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 11:20:20 PM »
I hate to ask this but I'm enjoying the shipping experience so much I can't help it. Is there any chance that the shipping additions will continue south in to NORCAL and behond if Orbx continues that direction. I don't want to be greedy but you have opened a new world for me here. :) and I like it.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:59:01 PM »
If it AI shipping your after goto AVSIM and search for:

Henrik Nielsen

He has AI shipping files for just about anywhere in the world.  Fifteen downloads I believe. Installing is sort of a shooting match as you need the files in certain order of install as they add to each other etc. but there are about 400 different ships sailing around the waters of the world when you get it all installed.

8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 09:27:50 AM »
+1 to what Spud recommended. Henrik's been at it for awhile and even contributed to our AI Shipping with several ships and repaints. His AI work is not to be missed.

Brad
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:38:48 AM by Bradallen43 »

bailout3

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »
thanks for the info..I will have a look. I'm a little nervous about moving files around as I'm not that experienced...ok and I'm old.   ( =:

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »
We're here to help you and are happy to do it. Just ask us for any help or guidance and we're on it.

Brad