Author Topic: RTMM OBjects Library Topic  (Read 422759 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »
FYI, if you plan on using our AI Shipping or any of the AI Floatplane traffic, you'll need to have Tongass Fjords X installed or those packages will not work properly, especially the floatplanes which specifically use Tongass Fjords AI Floatplanes.

Also, a lot of our scenery isn't just made for Tongass Fjords area, we use the objects from the Tongass Fjords library to make other scenery locations with too so for example, you might be missing a lot of objects down in Whiskey Cove if you don't have Tongass Fjords installed. Sorry but it's pretty much one of our requirements.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2015, 10:54:17 PM »
Terry,
don't forget SAK as well, there are RTMM location in that ORBX region as well.  Tongass X fills is the coastal region to the west of PFJ.  ORBX did not design that area because Holger and John had already developed the area for FSX and Holger is also an ORBX developer so the scenery fits seamlessly alongside of and between PFJ and SAK.
 8)
Later,

Spud

TerryT

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2015, 01:53:11 PM »
Hi Brad and Spud,

Yes I am going to get both of those scenery areas. They are just my cup of tea :)

I think the AI traffic really makes this sim scream out at you.
I use GSX and I know it is only 'eye candy' that is what I like in FSX, as much eye candy as I can have :)
Your scenery so far just brings to life the smaller places. The SPB's are no longer boring and empty :)

I used to watch that Alaska Airline program.
(The family business one. The scary daughter learning to fly one lol)

I realise Alaska is massive so it will be interesting to see what ORBX Sak brings in the way of airport
and SeaPlaneBases.
Cheers

Terry

TerryT

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »
Hi gang,

Well, it all got too much for me   :o

So I bought Tongass Fjords this morning. Yes, it seems very good :)
Does anyone know how to see the list of SPB's there ?
I have one of those KMZ files for Google Earth, but it doesn't show many SPB's on that outline
area for Tongass. Or maybe am using Google Earth wrong lol.

I have all the boxes ticked on the left pane.

Terry.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2015, 09:32:51 AM »
Terry...two sources for you. (1) Plan-G (free) has them all. You can download extra CSV files in cabins and docks from Dieter's Corner in the Misty's Place page. (2) go to the scenery page and download RTMM Docks. Most of these are Tongass. All of them have been enhanced with this rather complete package, list included in the readme.

Doug

TerryT

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2015, 11:51:38 AM »
Hiya Doug,

Thanks for that info. I will go have a look right away :)

Terry

TerryT

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:50 PM »
Doug,

I have added that KMZ to Google Earth. Still doesn't seem to show many SBP's at
Tongass area. If I download the RTMM docks, are some of these docks SPB's ?

I downloaded the missing cabins zip.  Inside it are 18.BGL files.
Does that seem about right ? Just one directory and no instructions inside the zip file.

Just wondering if I had got the right file. I was thinking of the lighthouses and Oil rigs
but am still getting my head around how to get them lol
Cheers
Terry

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
The RTMM Docks will have all of the Tongass Ones ... I think ALL of them are SPB's.  Some were only a dock, single pier, others just a starting point. I put in piers, boats, landscaping, wsindsocks, fuel, etc. So each one now is a "fun" place to visit.  If you go to the FAQ in the Airport Facilities, Table II has all of the Tongass X SPBs.  (I don't know much about Google Earth).

Doug

gert57

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2015, 02:22:47 AM »
Hi all, I have a question on the new scenery libraries.
I have to disable certain OZx files with the disabler, to see everything from RTMM in the right way in FSX.
Am I correct in supposing that when I want to fly in Australia and see all the OZx addons correctly, I have to ENABLE the OZx library files again?? Some tests I did indicate this.
I hope you can tell me wether this is correct or, on the other hand, if something is amiss with my installation or the fsx scenery library.

greetings,
Gert

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2015, 07:35:25 AM »
Hi Gert,

The disabler turns off selected libraries in OZx_LIB since they are replaced by the exact same objects (except converted for  FSX, FSX DX10 and P3Dv2 compatibility) when you install the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D.   As long as the AhZx_LIB SUB is enabled, any scenery (including OZx) that calls those specific objects will find them in the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D automatically.

You never need to re-enable the selected OZx libraries using the utility unless you disable or remove the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D.

Rod

Rangerick

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2015, 01:37:09 PM »
In all the years with RTMM, I've never had this problem before ?

Had RTMM Libraries Part I installed in P3Dv2 and finally got around to updating to Part II + Part III...

Listing order is:

Below my RTMM Locations:
CeyX_Sceneries_LibrariesFSXP3D
EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D
RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D
RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D
RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D

All folders are installed  inside the Addon Scenery folder and each one is enabled separately in the Scenery Library above all my ORBX entries.

Downloaded the New Scenery tester file, installed into Addon Scenery Folder and activated it at the top of my RTMM locations

Fired up P3D and got a SCENERY CFG. FILE ERROR message saying Local scenery directory (D:Lockheed Martin\P3Dv2\Addon Scenery\RTMM Scenery Object Tester 01.08.2015\Scenery) in scenery area 174 Not found. 

???  Rick

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »
This happens when you physically delete or move a scenery file on your HDD without deleting it from your sim's scenery library. Check your scenery library and delete or uncheck the object tester. If you moved the object tester to a different location on your HDD, make sure that the scenery library points to the right location. Let us know if this fixes the problem or not.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Rangerick

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »
Thanks ualani !

The only thing I changed initially was to uncheck / delete the 'Older' scenery tester from within P3D, then deleted the file in the main addon scenery folder.

I just did the same with the new version of the scenery tester... I downloaded a 'Fresh' version and installed it.

This one is working fine now + all is as it should be...  Thanks !

Rick / Canada

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »
Great! Glad we fixed it.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

gert57

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2015, 06:18:11 AM »
Hi Rod,
thanks for your reply.
However, on some OZx airfields something is amiss.
E.G. YMRY Moruya.
With OZx entries disabled with the utility,
I miss airport building, hangars, grass.
When I enable OZx lib entries per other utility,
the airfield is as it should be.
I have reinstalled the RTMM libs, paying close attention to readme etc.
All objects show with the scenery tester, but some elements on OZx airfields don't show up...
I hope you (or somebody else) can be of assistance.
Thanks!

Gert57
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:19:55 AM by gert57 »