Author Topic: RTMM OBjects Library Topic  (Read 422733 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2015, 11:00:21 AM »
Terry,
by your response to my previous post you apparently have not yet read the recommended method to install libraries and scenery for RTMM outlined in the post.  Although the library downloads do have instructions and should be followed the guidelines in the
"Scenery Folders Placements and Object Library Priorities"
section of the linked section is very clear as to where to place scenery and libraries related to RTMM.
Although, as Rod says user's sometimes like to place their libraries in strange locations, it is best to use the guidelines so troubleshooting is simplified both for the user and here at RTMM.
One note on the screenshots in the recommendations is that the RTMM recommended libraries names are old and do not reflect the names for the latest libraries.
Due to the continually evolving nature of RTMM old names are bound to crop up like this because Doug is only human and can do just so much.  If in doubt please don't hesitate to ask for advice or claification.
Like the sign on the bathroom wall over the commode:
"We aim to please, please aim too, please.!!!!"
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »
Terry,
Technically it shouldn't matter if your objects library(s) reside in the Sim Objects folder as long as it (they) are kept in their own separate folders within the Sim Objects folder and not mixed with any of the folders that are already there. The important thing is that no matter where you keep your object libraries on your system your FSX or P3D scenery library entries point to them properly. Like Spud says, if you follow the recommended installation procedures found elsewhere you can't go wrong. Don't worry about making mistakes because there's plenty of help available to help you sort things out.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

TerryT

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2015, 12:00:14 PM »
Ok here is what I read :-

I started at the RTMM Home page and started reading.
Further down the page it tells me requirements :-
REQUIREMENTS:
You Must Have These...
Microsoft FSX and Acceleration Pack (Amazon Link)
        or Prepar3D (Prepar3D Link)
"Tongass Fjords" by FSAddon (FSAddon Link)
"Pacific Fjords" (PFJ) (ORBX Link)
"Pacific Northwest (Pacific Blue) " (ORBX Link)
"Southern Alaska" (ORBX Link)
See Objects Library Table for Required Objects

So click on the link - now I am here 'The FSXP3D Object Libraries' page.
The Object Libraries Needed for RTMM
Getting the Object Libraries
Links to the Object Libraries you will Need
The Scenery Object Tester
Scenery Folders Placement and Object Libraries Priorities
Frequently Asked Questions

Clicked getting the libraries - and read that section.
Whether you are a new RTMM user or a RTMM veteran user, the first step to using the new, required "FSXP3D" capable RTMM libraries is to download Part I and Part II of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. You can find links to these downloads in the section further below titled "Link to the Object Libraries" the libraries you need are downloadable there. Please follow the installation instructions that are contained in the downloads very carefully to make sure you disable the specific libraries that you may already have installed.

Links to the Object Libraries you will Need - and there they are all listed.
Note from the above paragraph Please follow the installation instructions that are contained in the downloads very carefully.

So Spud, how much reading of instructions should I do ? Should a newbie like me 'rummage through the whole massive site to check for other installation instructions ?
I read everything listed above. Then I read each of the instruction docs contained within each zip file.
Now, I obviously am not clairvoyant, so I didn't know that I should be reading instructions somewhere else. Plus, non of this tells me where to put objects. (As a newb to this site and installing the files)

I didn't want to put anything contained in these zip files in MY chosen location.
I wanted to put them where they should go. Where the RTMM wants me to put them.
So they work properly. I have been around computer systems since 1990. Indeed I graduated from Sheffield University with Computer Sciences in 1994 - so I do know the importance of places files where they should be exactly.

Hope that explains things a bit more.  :-\

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »
Terry,
If you read the installation instructions found in each RTMM Object library, and you apparently did, you have all of the installation instructions needed and don't need to rummage around looking for more. I'm not sure why you thought that you needed to rummage around to get the right information or how Spud might have implied that. My question for you at this point is, is everything working for you now? If not, please ask.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:32:07 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

TerryT

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
Hi :)

Everything is working at 99%.  I am missing the green small hanger that is all.

Please don't think I am being critical. Am sorry if I came over that way.
You guys do a brilliant job here. Supplying all this software for nothing.

The site is very large and daunting for a newbie to it. I was trying to explain without pointing
fingers or being ungrateful, as to why I initially placed that folder in my FSX\Objects folder.
It is the same with the scenery tester. The first one I downloaded from here was giving me
some of the buildings in a different order and some were missing.
Only when Doug asked me if I had the latest scenery tester and provided a link that I followed,
did everything look as it should. (Missing the small green hanger tho)

Now I downloaded the first scenery tester from this site by following links as I posted earlier.
Obviously it is the wrong version.  How am I to know ? lol

I am not saying this to be pointing fingers or poo poo'ing the site, or any of you guys.
Am only stating what happened is all. And I am very grateful for the help and advice I
was given. I was just a bit put out by 'Spud' implying I didn't read  / follow the installation procedure.

Do this really have to turn into war and peace ? Is it always this way here ?

I hate drama. I just came to fly in your brilliant scenery.

Cheers
Terry

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
No drama.  Spud just likes to remind people to read the manual.  (not knowing if you have or not)  We just want to help, and nobody is upset. 

It's hard to walk in your shoes.  I have been with RTMM since 2011, and installed things as they became available.  It was easy back then.  The site was a lot smaller.  It has grown up around us, and we are comfortable with it.  For someone coming in now, it is a whole different experience. 

But just take it slow and leisurely and it will grow on you too.  No hurry.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2015, 08:46:20 PM »
Hi Terry,

Let's focus on the problem that you still have. Right now the scenery tester is indicating that you do not have the RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D object library installed correctly.  We need to get that fixed since that library holds hundreds and hundreds of objects.  My understanding is that you cannot see any object in the number 5 position of the scenery tester.   I just want to make sure that the green hangar is totally missing and not showing a missing texture (which is what happens when the object is all black).    Am I correct that it is totally missing?

Assuming that you see no object at all, can you make sure that the RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D folder is enabled in your Scenery Library.  Then go to the RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D folder that the scenery library points to and verify that there is a Scenery and a Texture folder inside and that one of the files inside the Scenery folder is FSXP3D GA-Hangers_lib.bgl with a size of 397 KB.  That is the .bgl file that contains the green hangar object that is missing.

Rod

TerryT

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2015, 06:15:16 AM »
Howdy Rod,

Yes it is number 5 position which is missing. (See screen shot)
Oh well, the screenie (Jpeg) isn't very clever but yes, that Green Hanger at no 5 is totally missing.

I will do what you suggest and double check the RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D.
If it is as it should be I will check inside the scenery folder for file FSXP3D GA-Hangers_lib.bgl.

I will report back :)
Thank you.
Terry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:17:10 AM by TerryT »

TerryT

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2015, 07:06:41 AM »
Hi again,

There was weird things afoot with this.  The tester wasn't showing in my list in FSX scenery library.
But when I tried to add it to test again, it said it was already there !!

Similarly, I had issues removing the RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D in the respect that when I deleted it,
and removed it from the FSX list, the scenery tester didn't work at all - No tester buildings at all.

Rebooted FSX after removing deleting etc, to ensure it was looking ok.
Then I re-added RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D to FSX\Addon Scenery, and added to the list in FSX.
All looking good.
Re-added the Scenery Tester into FSX\Addon Scenery, and added to the list in FSX.

Rebooted FSX and BINGO - they are all there (Apart from No3 obviously)
Only thing is the green hanger has a wire frame roof.
I know I have read that in here, so am going to find out more and do whatever is needed.
Thanks again.
Terry

Amended to say I looked again at the tester pic and the roof on the green hanger looks wire framed.
Do I need to do anything else or are my eyes going funny on me ?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:12:20 AM by TerryT »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
Wire frame coming out of the roof is correct.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
Hi Terry T,

That's great news!   Time to enjoy the sceneries!

Rod

TerryT

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
Brilliant and thank you very much to everyone for the help :)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
Hi Terry T,

Am I correct that you plan on getting Tongass Fjords X?   You will have missing objects in many of our sceneries without that software.

Rod

TerryT

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Hi Rod,

I am Rod but may be a few weeks. Only just bought ORBX's brilliant NWP, and Pacific Fjords.
So I have a good bit of looking around those before I purchase Tongass Fjords X.

Terry

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2015, 03:42:21 PM »
Sounds good!  Have fun!

Rod