Author Topic: RTMM OBjects Library Topic  (Read 422765 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:55 PM »
Terry. Like Ualani mentioned, without FSX Acceleration RTMM is NOT going to work for you. You'll be doing a lot of this library installation work for nothing. You're beating a dead horse my friend. I think I picked up FSX Gold (Deluxe +Acceleration) on Amazon for around $20. Way cheaper than a round of beers at Misty's Place.  Just sayin', before you get too far along and find no joy. Tongass is pretty much a 'must-have' also to see all of what you're supposed to see in RTMM land. If you don't have it then don't DL sceneries that require it, but Acceleration is a prerequisite for any of the RTMM sceneries in any ORBX packages you have.
                                              JJ

Jsapair

TerryT

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 03:50:11 AM »
Hi JJ,

Yes I think it looks like I shall have to get acceleration, although for a few library files it seems
daft  ???

I was only wondering why the ones that should be there - are missing.

Should the libraries from the zips go into the addon scenery directory ?
Or does the folder 'AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D' go into FSX\SimObjects ?
(The install notes for this file state -
4. Copy the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D folder to wherever you keep your object libraries and enable it in your Scenery Library.  If you don't use OZx Sceneries and have never installed them or OZx_LIB, then the installation of the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D is just about done.

Thanks for replying.
Terry
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:12:28 AM by TerryT »

TerryT

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 06:33:02 AM »
Hi gang,

Got Acceleration downloaded and install. (SP2 removed first)

Now I am still missing items 5, 7 and 9 from the Objects library page.

Should I go through the 3 library zip files again now I have acceleration installed ?
Or would that just be duplicating them ?
Cheers.
Terry.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »
Hi Terry T,

Welcome!   None of our libraries go into FSX\SimObjects.  That folder is for AI Boats and Planes etc.
I keep all 6 of my RTMM object libraries inside a folder named RTMM Object Libraries which is inside the Addon Scenery folder.  There is a lot of info on scenery folder placement in the section right below where you downloaded the Libraries from on the Web site.

Make sure you have the six libraries which are:

AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D
CeyX_Sceneries_LibrariesFSXP3D
EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D
RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D
RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D
RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D

installed in a folder inside the Addon Scenery folder and that each one is enabled separately in the Scenery Library above the ORBX entries.

Rod

TerryT

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 09:36:15 AM »
Hi Stilletto :)

Thank you for replying :)
I have each of those files in my \Addon Scenery now.
(Had the AhZx_LIB_SUB LibraryFSXP3D in FSX\SimObjects - due to the wording in the instructions)

In FSX settings scenery Library my list starts with

RTMM Scenery Test                                                       1
AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D                                        2
RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D                                   3
RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D                                                   4
RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D                                          5
EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D                                             6
CeyX_Sceneries_LibrariesFSXP3D                                 7

Under there start the ORBX library files. Obviously the RTMM Test is only there while I try to get the objects to show as they should, then that wil be removed.

Thank you again.
Terry

TerryT

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 09:57:27 AM »
Things are getting clearer lol.

I have a hanger that is different to those on your tester.
I have a space where there are 4 yellow cones as though they are in corners making a square.
I have a boulder :)

Now I was certain I had to previous library files.
I dunno. Am spending all my time messing instead of flying lol.
Going to fly in a bit and bugger the buildings  ;D

Terry

TerryT

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »
Mine are in a different order. But I DONT have the ORBX Alaska region yet.

Notice the boulder and just to the left of that is 4 small cones making a square box.

Terry

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
Are you sure you are using the latest Scenery Object Tester? (01.08.2015) Look at this picture, there are no cones or ice piles (boulders) in the current one, located HERE.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:42:44 AM by Doug »

TerryT

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
Hi Doug,

Yes I realise they should not be there.

I am sure I had the right scenery tester, but downloaded and installed your link one.

Now it looks right I think. Just double checking.

Amended this just to say am only missing the green hanger now. But that can wait until tomorrow.
Am off now flying :)

You a star sir :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:34:20 AM by TerryT »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
Terry,

Make sure that none of those libraries are in the Simobjects folder. The instructions don't say that anywhere that I'm aware of. If you can show us where that is being said, we will fix that wording that has you confused. All of our object libraries go into the Addon Scenery folder only.

Just making sure you're on the same page as all of us and we're seeing progress here which is what we want. I think we're getting close.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
Really fellahs,
how to install the libraries and RTMM scenery is fully covered with pictures and text on the site and answers just about any questions you might have.  Go here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/

use the link above and scroll down to the section that says:

"Scenery Folders Placements and Object Library Priorities"

follow the instruction to the letter and you will have the scenery in all its glory in you sim.  Of course IF you don't see fit to have the underlying software then all bets are off.  Take some time and look through the site.  There is more info here on how things work and what to do in and go in RTMM than probably any simular site on the web.  All the proceedures have been thourghly tested and work flawlessly if followed.  Half way measures will only cause you problems and disatisfaction with the experience.
 8)
Later,

Spud

TerryT

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »
Hi Spud,

Am a newb here and can tell everything is very well covered document wise.

The sentence which confused me is this one :-

4. Copy the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D folder to wherever you keep your object libraries and enable it in your Scenery Library.  If you don't use OZx Sceneries and have never installed them or OZx_LIB, then the installation of the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D is just about done.

I know it is only a small detail but enough to make you do exactly that. It should say 'copy the file ... blah blah into your FSX\Addon Scenery folder. I have written thousands of lines of user information for major systems and I know just how easy it is to confuse lol.

All the best
Terry

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »
Hi Terry,

Well, since I wrote the sentence you are referring to, I will comment.   The problem is, there is no standard where people keep their object libraries so that why I said it that way.  Everybody does not keep their object libraries in Addon Scenery...some put them on a whole different drive.  However, no one keeps their object libraries in SimObjects because that is a reserved FSX folder for AI structures.  For some reason, you connected the words "object libraries" and SimObjects.   Every now and then one of our users comes up with an association which I can't explain.  It is no big deal.

The good news is that even though you made an odd association of words that most of our users have not made, we were here to help you with it.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
Surely your not saying that you keep your object libraries in your "Simobjects" folder anywhere?  The lines you quote say nothing about the "simobjects" folder specifically.  ( and the object libraries normally go under the "Addon Scenery" folder, for addons of course.)  Simobjects are the airplanes and boats.  Addon Scenery is for all the locations we fly them to.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

TerryT

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »
Hi guys,

Problem is when you get someone who has no experience of doing this.

How does a complete newb at manually installing files / scenery know that you
don't put anything in the FSX objects folder ? I thought about it and looked around
in the FSX folders for any folder that implied objects 'wherever you keep your object libraries'
and that is why I could only think of 'SimObjects'.

wherever you keep your object libraries Any newb who is totally new to this would am sure
end up a tad confused where to put them.

Anyways, it is sorted now.

Cheers
Terry