Author Topic: A problem with a file in Wolverine Airstrip - CAD3  (Read 2837 times)

Handie

A problem with a file in Wolverine Airstrip - CAD3
« on: December 20, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
Hello,

I just saw that there are 2 files in the folder of this scene that include "no season" for "Airstrip Objects".
By cons there is no file for "fall"
Is it normal ?
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: A problem with a file in Wolverine Airstrip - CAD3
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »
Hi Nadine,

Good catch!  I am surprised no one has caught that before!   The wolverine_airstrip_objects_rtmm.noseason.bgl file is an invalid Season Swticher naming format (note the decimal point instead of an underscore) and, in fact (after I decomipiled it), it is an exact duplicate of the correct noseason file that is included.  Therefore, delete the wolverine_airstrip_objects_rtmm.noseason.bgl.  There does not need to be a fall file for the objects as there is also no winter file.    I am sure Brad will see this posting and chime in.   Doug will need to remove the bad file once he gets back but for now a simple deletion of it eliminates any confusion and keeps the noseason objects from showing when in some other mode than NoSeason. 

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »
 :'( Issuing a patch. Stand by.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:19:35 PM »
 :-[ Sorry, I just fixed the files that needed renaming, missing, etc. re-zipped the file as CAD3 Wolverine Airstrip v1_1 and sent it to Doug.

If you have the previous Wolverine Airstrip file installed, do the following. If using a single folder for each addon scenery entry like I do. (If not, read below these instructions for your version of the delete instructions.)

Addon Scenery, Separate scenery folder steps

Start your simulator, either FSX or P3D.
Go to the Scenery library inside the simulator while the simulator is running.
(NOT YOUR PC FILE LIBRARY)
Locate the folder for CAD3 Wolverine Airstrip.
Delete that folder from your addon scenery using the simulator deletion tools
Exit and let the simulator rebuild the scenery database.
Exit simulator

Now go to the simulator file directory on your computer and locate the Addon Scenery folder
Locate the CAD3 Wolverine Airstrip folder you had installed previously
Delete this folder from your file library

Install the newly updated file for this location into your simulators Addon Scenery folder
Rename the folder to CAD3 Wolverine Airstrip v1 (You don't have to but I do just to be sure)

Start up your simulator
Go to your scenery library inside the simulator and add the new CAD3 Wolverine Airstrip scenery
Save and let the simulator rebuild your scenery database

Fly to this location and see how awesome of a job I did. I love this spot, it's so... out there. "Old Rusty" the old truck needs some company.  ::)

For users who like to place all of the addon scenery files into one large folder,  :-X , good luck. !!!!
No, I'm kidding.  ;)

Addon Scenery, One large RTMM folder steps

Unzip the new zip first
Make a note of each of the new scenery files inside the "Scenery" folder for the CAD3 Wolverine Airstrip v1_1 file.
These should consist of the main .bgl file and the 10 seasonal files.
Now go into your big fat RTMM folder outside of the simulator and delete all of these files.
Replace those with the files found in this newly released update for CAD3
Start your simulator
It should rebuild the database upon start up
Fly to the location and take a look around.

For a full test, you should use the seasonal switcher utility and see how this place looks in each of the different seasons. I changed the grasses and objects around and it would help to make sure it looks the way it should in fall, winter, spring and summer. No season is the default.

Pictures here would help to see that it's all good now.

Thanks and happy holidays,

Brad

Handie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »
Thank you  ;)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 04:06:26 PM »
Thank YOU, Handie.

Doug