Author Topic: Seeking helicopters that "do something"  (Read 4373 times)

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
Seeking helicopters that "do something"
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:49:38 AM »
I'm interested in FSX helicopters that actually do something and aren't just an empty shell.  Haul sling loads, drop water, use rescue baskets or winch people aboard, etc  So far I've found two.

The SA-315 Lama by Peter Salzgeber and the Flysimware Super Huey

If anyone knows of any others, I'd appreciate a hint on where to look for them.

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:01:34 AM by sddinnh »

archangel1

Re: Seeking helicopters that "do something"
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »
Well, for one, the Nemeth Designs Sikorsky CH-54/S-64E has both hoist and water-drop capabilities.  She'll never win any beauty contests, though.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 01:54:23 PM »
Probably get more respones by asking in Helo specific sites like Hovercontrol, etc.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »
Steve,
I'd like to guide you to an older threat here on RTMM including my opinions on some helicopters.

Here's the link:
http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=829.0

Besides the Nemeth CH-54 from the same company there are the AS350 and AW109 with winching capable versions.
The Nemeth/ Milviz  CH47d Chinook has a slingloading hook.
But you need liftable objects to use these capabilities. Means you have create a special mission or read my comments later regarding slingloading.

Did you already try the following freeware helicopter?
Hovercontrol Bell 412 EP and
H & S  Design EC 135
Both heli's offers nice options and equipment. Especially the H&S EC135 dystem depth is way better than the Nemeth EC135.

Regarding slingloading:
Do you know the fsx addon AIcarriers2? It's used for adding ships in realtime into FSX.
But you can configure it for also adding liftable heli objects into any FSX.
Normally you would need a special designed mission or a soecial configured heli like the SA315 from Peter Salzgerber. But with a preconfigured aicarriers2 you can do slingloading with helis just from a saved flight Status.
With aicarriers2 I love flying resupplies to the CIRP stations or doing helilogging with the CH47D at RTMM locations like Dora Bay Logging station or Labouchere sawmill complex and Norandex Mine.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:19:17 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I read the post you pointed me too, but I've never played with the mission based lifting stuff.  It seems like it takes too much work to set up.  The SA-315 and the Huey from flysimware have built in animations that can be used in free flight for that and they are a lot easier to use.  Those are the kind of things I was looking for.  The dodosim fly's nicely, but does nothing other than fly great ( not that that's a bad thing - and I fly it a lot )

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places and just wondered if there were any more out there that I missed.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »
You can also try the freeware BO 105 from Dirk Stuck on hovercontrol

See link:
http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?img=0&search=bo-105&cat=all&bool=phrase

There's a rescue version with working animated Winch controlled via a separate panel.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »
sddinnh,

In case you haven't came across it, here's a modified Dodosim 206 with a bambi bucket for some firefighting mission and related forum discussion from Hovercontrol. Check it out:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=1&t=21769

Goodluck and let us know how it works out for you...  8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:25:33 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
Don't know anything about this site or what it's freeware products are like, not being a rotor-head. Saw it in my bookmarks and thought I'd pass it along.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/93/fsx-helicopters/
Jsapair

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:37:04 PM »
Steve,
I'd like to guide you to an older threat here on RTMM including my opinions on some helicopters.

Regarding slingloading:
Do you know the fsx addon AIcarriers2? It's used for adding ships in realtime into FSX.
But you can configure it for also adding liftable heli objects into any FSX.
Normally you would need a special designed mission or a soecial configured heli like the SA315 from Peter Salzgerber. But with a preconfigured aicarriers2 you can do slingloading with helis just from a saved flight Status.
With aicarriers2 I love flying resupplies to the CIRP stations or doing helilogging with the CH47D at RTMM locations like Dora Bay Logging station or Labouchere sawmill complex and Norandex Mine.

Sorry not to have responded sooner Klaus, I had a bunch of doctors tests to run and they kept me pretty tied up.  I think I'll take your suggestion and try to figure AICarriers2 out using the DoDoSim utility.  That way I'll get the best flying helo combined with some "real" work in the ice fields.  I'll go look it up now.

Thanks for all the help guys.  Any suggestions are welcome, you're never too old to learn - LOL

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:38:54 PM by sddinnh »