Author Topic: For the new "Khutzeymateen River Bear View Lodge"  (Read 5628 times)

Handie

For the new "Khutzeymateen River Bear View Lodge"
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:47:30 AM »
Hello,

With the update of this scene, there is no need now of the PF_01_ADEX_KG_ALT.bgl file that was in "scenery / world / scenery"?

Thank you for the answer.
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: For the new "Khutzeymateen River Bear View Lodge"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:58:58 AM »
Nadine,
that is correct.  When you download the updated locations you should replace all the files of the old download to prevent having old unused .bgl,s etc. in the scenery sub-folder.  It can cause difficult problems to find if you forget that you left a legacy file in the updated location.
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »
Nadine makes a good point.  Those that have the old PF01 will need to remove the PF_01_ADEX_KG_ALT.bgl file that was in scenery / world / scenery when they remove the old scenery.  so it can be replaced with the new PF01 scenery folder.

Rod

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 12:43:15 AM »
Is it the same with the new "nisga'a_glacial_lake_lodge_2.0"?
The former version had a similar file in scenery / world / scenery  (==> PF_02_ADEX_KG_ALT.bgl)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
What was the purpose of these?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
We should take a good look at that whole area, Rod.  As I recall, many were put there rather than in the scenery library location. I always wondered why. I bet some of our readme's from way back suggest it.  I think a hunt for these, and a list of them should be on the FAQ page, and we should double-check installation instructions on any found so new folks don't make the same mistakes. Worth some exploring, I'll sure start looking. And like Dieter has done, we should question them here on Handie's thread.  Maybe the answer to Steve's question would help?

Doug

simurq

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
I have also the following files inside "Addon Scenery/scenery" folder - possibly related to previous version of the scenery:

PF01_ADEX_KG.bgl
PF01_ADEX_KG_CVX.bgl
khutzeymateen_river_01.bgl

And "PF01_ADEX_KG_ALT.bgl" inside "Scenery/World/scenery".

Shall we delete them as well? Or maybe you can include the filenames necessary for deletion in the readmes of updated sceneries?

Thanks!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »
nothing from RTMM should be in Addon Scenery/scenery folder of FSX simurq.  Apparently you made an error when installing PF01 in the past.

there are 3 .Alt files in Scenery/World/scenery all starting with PF.  They are for PF01, PF02 and PF03.  I disabled those in my sim but even when they were enabled I saw nothing amiss with any of those locations.  That being the case I doubt if this is a priority action.  Just be aware the .ALT files need to be diabled/deleted.
Later,

Spud

simurq

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 04:21:18 AM »
I forgot to mention that I'm using a consolidated scenery package, that is all RTMM files are dumped into a single folder which is "Addon Scenery/scenery". Hence the confusion, sorry for that!..

And what about the remaining 3 files "PF01_ADEX_KG.bgl", "PF01_ADEX_KG_CVX.bgl", and "khutzeymateen_river_01.bgl". Disable them too?

Thanks!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 04:30:20 AM »
Not if you're using a consolidated setup.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »
A consolidated 'setup', while easy to do with little effort results in very hard to find files for individual RTMM locations intermingled together with everything in one folder.  It can and is used by some users but as that is not the recommened method to set up RTMM be advised that support suggestions will probably be fewer and less accurate than with the recommended method which provides for independent folder for each location.  Makes finding things easy and fast, plus you can turn each location on or off at will in the FSX Scenery Library. 8)  For instance, you install something and things go south for you FSX.  Takes seconds to goto the Scenery Library and turn off the last installed scenery.  If the problem is gone you know exactly what to work on with the files grouped nicely together.  Consolidation means you have thousands of files to manipulate etc.
Dealer' Choice!
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »
Hi guys. I went through this Add On Scenery/Scenery deal some months ago. I now have only 5 remaining files that I was told at that time needed to be there. They are:

MMC7_ADEX_DWT.bgl
MMC8    "         "      "
MMCX    "          "      "
SA01      "         "      "
SA02      "         "      "
Jsapair

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »
Dieter, I have the old Nisga's Glacial Lake Lodge but I don't have that PF_02_ADEX_KG_ALT.bgl in my Scenery/World/Scenery folder. The only PF_ file I had in there was the PF_01 discussed above. So, yeah, I think you'd be good deleting it if you install the new version.
                                                    JJ
Jsapair