Author Topic: Fuel Management Project for RTMM  (Read 17895 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Fuel Management Project for RTMM
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
Then how about putting a new fuel dock at Taku? It's just around the corner from Juneau and a great jumping on/off base for the glaciers. It's already an RTMM scenery which might alleviate the "where to put the .bgl file". Just my thoughts. My plane is at N58 29.42, W133 56.56 @16.
                                               JJ
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
Done. There is a little fuel pump now at Taku.  There is also a fuel trigger for that orphan pump at Juneau Harbor. Notice how they are LABELED in the scenery folder for Taku.  Again, for anyone not wanting these, don't download the update or turn the "Fuel Trigger" bgls to "OFF".  Look also at Table III on the top of the FAQ page, you'll see TAKU there now, click on the link in the right column and the update downloads.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »
Just one clarification....if you do decide to turn a .bgl file off, it is better to add .off to the end of the file name so that you retain the .bgl extension to remind you what the file was in the first place.  So for example, change test.bgl to test.bgl.off   

Rod

Doug

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
That's a good idea, Rod.  "We" know, but we shouldn't assume others do. Thank you.

D

jsapair

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »
Thanks Doug. Way cool. First round is on me.
Jsapair

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2015, 09:45:04 AM »
If it helps, for those airports without fuel, there is also a gauge floating around out there call refuel.cab.  It can be added to any pop-up panel and it increases the fuel by 25% of the tank capacity with each push of the button.

jsapair

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 09:13:58 PM »
Hi guys. Been flying around the McCarthy area. That is out in the sticks as you know. Before I knew it I was down below %50 fuel. I thought a great place for a pump was 15Z, McCarthy. I don't know how do-able that is as far as AFCAD's and such, and as far as I know it is not part of an RTMM scenery package. But some of the surrounding airstrips are. Just food for thought.
                                        JJ

Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »
JJ ... ok, its on the To-Do Projects list at the bottom of the top table on the FAQ page. When we have a spare moment we'll get on it. Easy to add the fuel.  I'll announce in a NOTAM when we get her done.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »
JJ - The new Fuel Box is operation at McCarthy, 15Z.  This one has been put into the Last Resort bgl. So if you download that, the "fix" is there for your. This was a good suggestion, there's no fuel for miles around!

Doug

jsapair

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
Cool! You 'da man, Doug.
Jsapair