Author Topic: Need Scenery Design Help  (Read 3270 times)

SRAces

Need Scenery Design Help
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:00 AM »
I've been working on a fictional resort in the Orbx Southern Alaska scenery to use for a group of us that fly multi-player in P3D.  I've made scenery before and never had issues.  Now I do with several of my objects and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  I make the model in Sketchup, save it as a DAE, import it to ModelConverterX, export it out as an MDL, import the MDL into LibraryObjectMaker and then export the final BGL out.  When I add the new object to the scenery either with ADE or Instant Scenery (and it looks good after you add it with Instant Scenery and stay in the sim), once you exit P3D and then fire it up the next time, your newly added object is missing pieces and is only partially visible.  Wasn't sure if there was a particular step that I'm missing.  It's very frustrating.  The other objects in the scenery were made the same way, but they do not have the issue.

I sent the Sketchup model to a friend and he followed the steps he uses, loaded it in his P3D and it worked fine.  Picture #1 is after you put the hanger in the sim usingInstant Scenery.  Picture #2 is the result after I start P3D from scratch.

Loaded using Instant Scenery.

After exiting and restarting P3D.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Need Scenery Design Help
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:53:53 AM »
Hi Steve,

I love your models!  I hope you might consider letting RTMM use them some time in future.  IS and ADE use different rendering engines versus P3D which is probably why the model works with IS but not P3D.  Are you exporting a FSX or P3D model?   Does your friend use MCX also?  Does his exported object work properly on your system?  Does the model have the same problem if placed at sea level?

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:17 AM »
Ya, but he said that he placed it using IS, not ADE.

Steve, if you send me your working Sketchup model and your exported DAE files I'd be glad to try my hand at this.

ualani510@sbcglobal.net

EDIT: Send me your bgl, textures and mdl of this as well.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:58:45 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 09:03:12 AM »

Hi Steve,

Not sure what you mean since I was simply explaining why he sees the whole model when IS is active versus when it is not.

Rod

SRAces

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »

Steve, if you send me your working Sketchup model and your exported DAE files I'd be glad to try my hand at this.

ualani510@sbcglobal.net

EDIT: Send me your bgl, textures and mdl of this as well.

Steve,

Thanks for offering to help. You have a dropbox invitation to the files.  I am on Skype all day today if you want to communicate that way.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:32:46 AM by SRAces »
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »
Rod,
That pesky IS does strange things sometimes with stuff showing and then not showing.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »
Steve,
I got the Dropbox info and will look into it shortly.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »
Steve,
The Dropbox Community folder that you pointed me to is empty. Send me the direct link to the folder.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

SRAces

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:40:49 AM »
Steve,
The Dropbox Community folder that you pointed me to is empty. Send me the direct link to the folder.

Steve

Steve,

Sorry for the confusion.  Another flight simmer that has access to that folder mistakenly deleted the files.  We use that folder to share aircraft paint textures that I make for common aircraft we own so when we fly multi-player we see the correct paints.  One file sis in the folder.  The second one should be done shortly.  I have a slow DSL upload speed.  Thanks!

Steve
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA