Author Topic: RTMM policy concerning any developer  (Read 1819 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
RTMM policy concerning any developer
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »
To those interested in RTMM scenery and any other offering. I want to clarify something.

First of all, thank you for the continued support and following at Return to Misty Moorings. Our community and followers increase everyday and we thank each of you. None of our work would look as good as it does without the incredibly talented developers at ORBX/FTX that created the base regions we place our scenery locations and enhancements in. Without those regions, it's just not the same and we don't exist.

On the subject mentioned in a thread here and over at ORBX, about the RTMM scenery named "Barnstormers". I've reached out to Xavier Carre', who developed and created that scenery, and I did this several times over the last year and a half and have not heard anything from him concerning the scenery that was developed for RTMM. There has been no effort on his part to reply to my attempts to contact him and I hope all is well.

FYI, any developer that makes any scenery, enhancements, repaints, etc. for RTMM does this after being informed of our policy, which clearly states on our interested developers information page, that they enter into an agreement and understanding that any scenery made for RTMM becomes our property to post on our website and to continue to share it for free on our website from that point on.

Again in this regard, we have reached out to Xavier to inform him of our decision to move on, and with no attempt on that side to reply, we are moving forward and will stand by our stated terms and policy for developers that I mentioned above.

We had agreed to continue to not use any of the objects that Xavier and Jacques created in any new scenery projects, but that also falls under the same policy so we are discussing that aspect again.

So we've already reposted Taku Glacier Lodge and Yes Bay Lodge and we will hopefully be releasing "Barnstormers" again in the future too.

Thank you again for your interest in RTMM and I look forward to more scenery creations and other gifts from our team to you in the future.

Brad

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: RTMM policy concerning any developer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »
Brad,
Thanks for the clarifications and the restating of RTMM policies here. Sometimes this information gets buried deep within the bowels of the website and is subsequently overlooked by our users. I look forward being able to use items that were given to RTMM under the policies and guidelines that you've restated.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support