Author Topic: Google Maps KML for RTMM  (Read 4601 times)

simurq

Google Maps KML for RTMM
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
Dear all,

Inspired by the GREAT work of the RTMM Team, I'm happy to make my own humble contribution to this wonderful community...

This is a Google Maps KML covering the whole RTMM area and is constructed based on FSAddon/Orbx packages (PFJ, PNW, TFX, etc.) and RTMM sceneries incl. USFS cabins and the historical lighthouse sceneries shipped with these packages. I have tried to keep placemarks aligned with "RTMM style" - you'll find descriptions for almost all RTMM spots coupled with useful web-links, where possible.

Although not supported by RTMM yet, I have also included placemarks for the owners of "Barnstormers".

An asterisk (*) next to the placemark's title means "water freezes in winter".

You can view the map by downloading and opening it in Google Earth, or even simpler - launch Google Maps, then copy/paste my link into the address box and press Enter. :)

DOWNLOAD

Please let me know if you find something is missing!

Enjoy!

Rustam
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:03:59 AM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Google Maps KML for RTMM
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »
Looks great, a lot of work on your part. Could you tell a "novice" how to use this?  I'll create a "readme" for it, then we can support it on the Here2There page. Just some short notes describing the "use" of it would be great.  You can shoot the doc to me at misty@jdlinn.com and I'll get it.

Doug

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
That's a great addition which shows the huge work accomplished by the RTMM team.
Thank you !  ;D
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

simurq

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »
Looks great, a lot of work on your part. Could you tell a "novice" how to use this?  I'll create a "readme" for it, then we can support it on the Here2There page. Just some short notes describing the "use" of it would be great.  You can shoot the doc to me at misty@jdlinn.com and I'll get it.

Doug

Doug,

Mail sent to your inbox... Thanks!

Rustam
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

Doug

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 03:26:50 PM »
Got it Rustam ... sent you a return email.  Well, yes, we do a bunch of work at RTMM, but this is a very big contribution by Rustam!  If you click on a site, it brings up maps/info, etc. Pretty amazing.  I'll put it "up" for folks on the Here2There page ... just working on details with Rustam, watch for News and Notams. Thank you Rustam!

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:47:40 PM »
Great job, Rustam!  I love it!

Thanks.

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »
Rustam, thanks so much!
This is a really great contribution for RTMM. :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
I'll mention it in the News and Notams ... but I have it "up" on the Here2There page (look in the top index for KMZ Google Earth) ... that takes you down to the table. It is right above the starting points table. That is really a great piece of work, a heck of a lot of work! When you click on the item, "our RTMM" information comes up ... darned well-done.  I may make some minor changes per Rustam's suggestions, but it is "up" to see.

Doug

fltsimguy

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:50:25 PM »
Excellent, just downloaded and tested....it's great.  Nice job, thanks.
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

simurq

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
Btw, all images (thumbnails, maps, etc.) will take you to an external file host. This is to save on RTMM server costs...
Only the trip tickets link to original RTMM source.

Hope you guys don't mind! ;)
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 11:58:42 PM »
 8)  Thanks.   8)

Wow!!!  :o
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:00:40 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

simurq

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 02:06:46 AM »
Well, actually this is me who must thank YOU - my work is just a visual representation of the extents of the tremendous endeavour you guys have accomplished with this amazing project since the Misty Moorings era...!!! :)

Thank YOU!!!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev