Author Topic: AI Traffic for Alaska  (Read 3284 times)

big bird

AI Traffic for Alaska
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »
Found a free download file on Avsim called Alaskan AI package Version 5 (AKAI_V5.ZIP) by
Adam Begg. It was posted on Nov. 20th. It has a few interesting aircraft and locations. I installed it
to-day and so far everything works just fine on our rig. We use FSX10 along with DX10 and Steve's
Fixer with all Orbx regions and Airports installed.
  I also noted somewhere on the forums that a lot of folks do not get fixed wing aircraft (AI) in PAKT
Ketchikan. We use Ultimate Traffic 2 and we do get "some" AI fixed wing stuff landing in Ketchikan.
  There is one caveat, however. When as an example, a West Jet 737 lands there it goes partly down the
runway and promptly disappears !!! I think it may be due to the fact that it doesn't know where to go or park after landing, but that is beyond my ability to figure out. I wonder if anyone else has also experienced this ?   
FSX, DX10, All NA ORBX Scenery Areas, most Orbx Airports, Asus Max VII Formula MB, I7 4790K O/C to 4.6 GHZ, Nvidia 780TI, Samsung
340 EVO 250 for OS, Samsung 340 EVO 1TB for FSX, UT2 Traffic, Steve's DX10 Scenery fixer.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: AI Traffic for Alaska
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
If you have ORBX PAKT installed, it is a known issue that Aircraft AI can't handle the unique ORBX construction of that runway which uses a solid object to depict elevation and sloped ramps, instead of the normal FSX software depiction of an airport runway.   

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
Just as Rod says the ORBX PAKT airport scenery uses a "kludge" method to have the sloped taxiways like the real airport.  FSX AI traffic requires a flat runway/taxiway elevation to work properly.  This is why AI traffic at ORBX PAKT does not, nor will it ever function correctly.  Kind of like Hollywood, looks great, tastes awful!
Later,

Spud

big bird

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »
Thanks Guy's, now we know the rest of the story.
FSX, DX10, All NA ORBX Scenery Areas, most Orbx Airports, Asus Max VII Formula MB, I7 4790K O/C to 4.6 GHZ, Nvidia 780TI, Samsung
340 EVO 250 for OS, Samsung 340 EVO 1TB for FSX, UT2 Traffic, Steve's DX10 Scenery fixer.

fltsimguy

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I subscribe to the AVSIM file library daily summary of uploads and I still managed to miss this one.
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC