Author Topic: Hang 'em High Resorts (Coming Soon)  (Read 11265 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Hang 'em High Resorts (Coming Soon)
« on: November 21, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »
Soon there will be a new addition to the RTMM Library. This introduces "Hang 'em High Resorts" located on an arm of Dora Bay. This is designed exclusively for para sailing, ultralites and hang gliders. The base jumpers might even enjoy this one, (Jeff's Segway?).  The screenshot here depicts the "upper" resort.  Down below on the arm of Dora Bay, there is a second resort (lower resort). Here you will find a full marine dock for float planes and boats as well as a small runway for parasail and ultralites. There are helipads to haul people from the lower resort to the upper resort.

At the "upper" facility, there is a rough runway ... you can land a cup or a pacer here easily (with care). Of course ultralites can land here easily. There is also a "launching" runway that is a LOT of fun. You literally "drop off" the cliff into the beauty of the Dora Bay area.

So if you haven't got an ultralite ... now is the time to get one.

Doug

PS: Don't forget you can click on the picture to enlarge it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:40:42 PM by Doug »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Hang 'em High Resorts (Coming Soon)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:22 PM »
Doug,
Hang em High Resorts looks beautiful!! Great Idea! I love it :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

dexthom

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »
Doug, If you still have the ultralite from FSX, if they will work in P3Dv2.4, you could have the doing TnGs from that upper level as AI aircraft.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
All my FSX stuff is gone...but that sounds like a great idea!! I'll see if I can find it somewhere. I got the boats to work, never tried making an AI plane route.

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
I'm not jumping off of anything in the segue!  :o
I do have parachutes/parasails/wing suits that I could use though.  And I have an ultralite and a hang glider also.   ;)

*(This wingsuit is payware.) Cost is $6.99 USD
  Website:--->http://flysimware.com/website/wingsuit2011.html
Video:--->http://youtu.be/_Cc1mlO3By0
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:23:05 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Was showing it to my wife, she didn't realize we were up in the air, went over the edge and she said she could feel it in her stomach. Lots of fun. We should probably collect the things that could be used, parachutes, ultralite a, etc. I could link to them, or with permissions post them as parts of the package. I'm going off it in an ultralite. Got the lower resort laid out, so you'll soon have a place to land near the lower lodge. I've applied for a liquor license, folks are gonna need medicine after coming off the top and trying to land in a tricky angle at the lower lodge. Miller lake cabin is about 5 miles away and the Dora Bay logging facility is about 4 miles in the opposite direction. So some fun places nearby.

Doug

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:47:13 PM »
And here's the Lower "Hang 'Em High" Lodge.  This connects by water to Ketchikan. There is a road behind the lodge leading to a pier on the lake behind the lodge for people to land there in case they are coming from the direction of Miller Lake.  The strip is short and angled which makes it a difficult landing. There is no part of this location that is "easy".  But will be loads of fun for folks.

Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 06:41:31 AM »
 :) Looks great Doug,

Well done,

Brad

Doug

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »
Jeff...noticed in your screenshot that the hardened helipads are showing, I'm not seeing that. I could make the "cover" for them wider. I'll do that and let you know and you could do the screenshot again. I wonder why we have a difference?

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 07:58:07 AM »
I don't think it's too skinny, but just shifted forward and to the left.  It needs to be "slid" over to match the corners of the helipad.  I think there is a "grid system" that it locks into, but is off by a square or two.   :-\

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
Here's the latest screen shots of Hang 'Em High Lodge.  Now working on the QC and "paperwork."  On the "Off the Cliff" you can see the "lower lodge" below the ultralite.

Doug

PS: Click on any picture to enlarge it.

Note to Jeff ... new beta on its way to you, the "covering" is fixed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:25:58 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:01 PM »
....and then with a little magic from Steve...

Handie

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
 :)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Doug

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »
Still working on QC and adding/deleting some things. We had some aircraft placed that could have only come in by barge or with a super-helicopter ... so the aircraft are all now helicopters and cub-type little planes. Steve has created a new "hard concrete" object and that now replaced the launcher up on the cliff. I did a flatten on the top of the mountain ... that runway is now all flat ... but this changed the cliff structure and it had to be re-done. I got rid of the "dirt/grass" landscaping on the top of the mountain, leaving a strip of grass for the runway. This makes it much easier to see as you approach it.  We will be adding some objects to the library, so an update there will be coming. 

You can see some of these changes in the attached pic.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 02:48:35 PM »
I've added windsocks to the scenery in three places because of the need to know wind direction with the highly sensitive ultralites and parasails. Using Rod Jackson's new XML files to do this. (See News and Notams 11/24/2014).