Author Topic: A2A Cessna 182 Released  (Read 7378 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: A2A Cessna 182 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
The Messenger is hereby exonerated by order of the three remaining customers at the Misty's Place bar! Close one, Dex...but we've got your back!  :-)

archangel1

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 12:42:35 AM »
Before everyone gets any more confoozled, here's the basic pricing parameters for the C172/C180/C182 direct from A2A.

FSX or P3D Academic -  all listed at $49.99

FSX and P3D Academic - all listed at $69.99

I don't have too much of an argument with charging a bit more for basically a 2-plane bundle, considering they did have to rework the coding to make use of the new P3D functionality.  I don't, however, see the reasoning behind charging an extra $30 for the P3D versions ($79.99) simply because your 'license' let's you call yourself a 'Professional'.  The Professional bundle ($99.99) adds another $30 on top of the $20 you pay for the 2 versions and  $199.99 for the single P3D Commercial license is simply outrageous.

At least you don't have to pay for a separate Accu-Sim addon like in their earlier releases.

I wonder how many 'licences' were actually sold to people who weren't simply taking advantage of the upgraded P3D engine just to improve their flight experience over the ageing FSX product.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 08:50:39 AM »
Before everyone gets any more confoozled, here's the basic pricing parameters for the C172/C180/C182 direct from A2A.

FSX or P3D Academic -  all listed at $49.99

FSX and P3D Academic - all listed at $69.99

I don't have too much of an argument with charging a bit more for basically a 2-plane bundle, considering they did have to rework the coding to make use of the new P3D functionality.  I don't, however, see the reasoning behind charging an extra $30 for the P3D versions ($79.99) simply because your 'license' let's you call yourself a 'Professional'.  The Professional bundle ($99.99) adds another $30 on top of the $20 you pay for the 2 versions and  $199.99 for the single P3D Commercial license is simply outrageous.

At least you don't have to pay for a separate Accu-Sim addon like in their earlier releases.

I wonder how many 'licences' were actually sold to people who weren't simply taking advantage of the upgraded P3D engine just to improve their flight experience over the ageing FSX product.

My uneducated guess would be a maximum of 5% ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud