Author Topic: Question about scenery tester.  (Read 8464 times)

rpowers46

Question about scenery tester.
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
I have the scenery tester installed and I have objects on both sides of the runway.More on the rt.side facing the balloons.Do I have more than 1 scenery tester running?Thanks,Ron

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Question about scenery tester.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:12 PM »
Well if you have balloons, it sounds like you have the Annette Fly-In scenery active besides the scenery tester.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:50:46 PM »
Hi Ron,
     The "scenery tester" scenery is near the intersection of the two runways at PANT.  (At the other end of the runway from the balloons.)  It should be a row of buildings and some objects, all on the south side of the runway's apron.  (just like the tester's picture)  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

rpowers46

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
Thanks for the replies.I do have the Annette scenery active.I also have tester objects on the north side.Will post a picture later if I can figure out how to do it again.I am an old guy with short memory.Ron

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
Screen shots WITH coordinates showing are most helpful in helping.
 8)
Later,

Spud

rpowers46

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
Please refresh my memory.Which key for snapshot?Thanks,Ron

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
V

rpowers46

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »
I replied with 2 snapshots of my scenery tester.Did it come thru?Thanks,Ron

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
If you have a set of cabins on the north side you're using the wrong tester.  Get the latest version from download section here and replace the one or ones you are using now.

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#objtest

You should see an object or objects above each of the numbers in the above screen capture
(Click on Picture Above to Enlarge It)

NOTAM: The date of the current RTMM Scenery Object Tester is listed in the picture above. This tester is to be used with the updated/converted RTMM Required Object LibariesFSXP3D. If your tester does not match the date in the picture above, you need to update it by re-downloading the RTMM Scenery Object tester and overwriting the old "RTMM Scenery Test <date>" folder with the new folder in the zip you download.

A cabin with a green roof and smoke. This is a default FSX/Prepar3D library object and everyone will see this object.

A stucco building only found with an installation of the FSX Acceleration addon for FSX or with an installation of Prepar3D which already includes the Acceleration objects. For FSX users, Link found below in next table.

A building only found with an installation of Tongass Fjords X. Link found below in next table.

A stilt building only found with an installation of EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D from Part I of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.

A small green hanger only found with an installation of RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D from Part I of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.

A Big Yellow House only found with an installation of CeyX_Sceneries_LibrariesFSXP3D from Part I of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.

A red phone booth and post station, a green shipping container and a red Land Rover only found with an installation of AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D from Part I of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.
NOTAM for those who also have OZx Sceneries installed including the OZx_LIB:

a. RTMM no longer requires OZx Libraries but if you use them for OZx Scenery that is fine.

b. FSX users: If you see the Land Rover and Phone/Post Booth but do not see the green shipping container, you may not have disabled a portion of the OZx_LIB as instructed in the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D installation instructions and/or you may not have the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D enabled in your scenery library.

c. Prepar3D users: If you see the green shipping container but do not see the Land Rover or Phone/Post Booth you may not have disabled a portion of the OZx_LIB as instructed in the AhZx_LIB SUB LibraryFSXP3D installation instructions.

A small gray building, an old-wood sided inn and a white two-story house with red roof only found with an installation of RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D from Part II of the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D. Link found below in next table.

If you're seeing what the included image shows and all buildings appear as they look in the image, then congratulations, you're all set to enjoy the Return to Misty Moorings scenery without missing any objects that the scenery developers want you to see. If you are missing any objects, then you do not have that corresponding scenery installed, or you may have it installed but it's not configured properly in your FSX/Prepar3D program scenery library order.

To eliminate any errors or missing objects, please follow the install readme instructions and make sure that all RTMM scenery library selections are above OZx (if you have that installed), ORBX and Tongass Fjords X. If you have that in order, then all of our scenery should appear as it was intended on your system. RTMM hopes this helps you with finding reasons why you may have missing objects that you come across. Once you know what you need to do, and after you make any changes by adding missing programs, come back to this scenery and then verify that the missing objects are now appearing. When you are done, you should see all of the objects in the above screen capture.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:43:38 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

rpowers46

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »
Problem solved!Thank you.Ron

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 08:56:42 PM »
 8)   8)   8)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
When I see a thread like this, so typical on RTMM, I really hope NOBODY out there is struggling on their own when there is SO MUCH EXCELLENT help ready and waiting for them...just by asking.  Thanks Jeff and everyone for adhering to our policy of leaving no one behind. Hats Off!!!

Doug

rpowers46

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 10:45:48 AM »
One further comment.I no longer have the Annette balloons on the south side of the runway.I am assuming I should deactivate the scenery tester when not using it?Once the scenery is verified there is no reason to have it activated,right?Thanks,Ron

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
That is correct. The purpose is to verify if you have all of the required object libraries downloaded and correctly installed and activated. You can, as you commented, just deactivate it and keep it handy if you ever need it again.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
Hi Ron,
     You should be able to run the Annette Island Fly-in scenery and the scenery tester simultaneously.  I always leave mine on.  That choice is up to you, but having the tester activated should not affect the balloons at all.  If the Annette Island scenery is activated and not showing, you have a problem.