Author Topic: Cambrian Ice Station  (Read 2312 times)

xxd09

Cambrian Ice Station
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:12:24 AM »
Hi Brad
Just to reiterate my note re Cambrian Ice Station(PF 42)
I have managed to load all the other Ice Stations successfully but not this one.
I can only get the runway.
The File for this Station is slightly different from the others which may be how I fail.
I tried to follow instructions!
Malcolm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Cambrian Ice Station
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
Hi Malcolm,

For PF42, the entire folder named "cirp_pf42_cambria_east"  is what should be loaded into your scenery library.....the jpgs and .txt files in there will just be ignored by FSX/P3D so enable the entire folder.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »
Malcom,
Can you explain a little bit more what your issue is? When you say that all you get is the runway, are you saying that you don't see any other objects in the area? Here's what I see.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

xxd09

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:49:45 AM »
Hi All
Yes that is what I get-runway only.
The zip file is not CIRP PF42 but entitled Scenery only
All other Ice Station Downloads seem to be CIRP PF43 Bromley Peak for example
Corrupted File?
Malcolm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
Hi Malcom.

You need to re-download the file from our site.  The zip file and extracted folder are entitled cirp_pf42_cambria_east.zip and cirp_pf42_cambria_east respectively.

Rod

xxd09

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »
Hi stiletto2
Thanks for the reply
The File comes down to me as Cirp42 but opens up from Internet Download Manager as Scenery!
However I  got all loaded in FSX after a struggle and working but with no title!
Entering Scenery Config Programme I renamed the file CIRP PF 42 CambrianEast Ice Station.
It now appears as such in FSX Scenery files.
Thanks for help
Malcolm

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
Hi Malcom,

I also use Internet Download Manager to download the file in its zipped form.  For me, Internet Download Manager does not unzip the file.  Are you then unzipping with a separate piece of software or do you have some setting in Internet Download Manager turned on that also unzips.  Donwload and unzip should be maintained as two separate processes for the very reason that caused you a problem.    7Zip is the best unzipper.  It's standard extraction retains the parent folder which is the proper unzipping methodology otherwise you could find files all over your desktop and lose the parent folder.   In addition, 7Zip is able to handle very large files where the Windows 7 unzip sometimes has a problem.   If you use the default Windows 7 extraction, you need to make sure you are choosing the extraction choice that maintains the parent folder.

Many other RTMM sceneries will need retention of the parent folder since you cannot count on a second parent folder for the installable Scenery inside the first.   

Rod

Rod