Author Topic: Varous problems  (Read 3034 times)

updraft

Varous problems
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »
Hi All,
When landing at CIRP PF40 I realized that the light beams are black and further checkings showed that the test scenery includes a black object 5 and a CIRP center at PAKT in black.
I have installed ALL new library files in the 2 object libraries zip I and II into my consolidated EZ library directory and have run the removal utilities, also the procedure for active OZx files (checked on off extensions).

I checked your forum and didn't find any help for my case.

Does anybody knows what exactly is missing?

I am on FSX SP2 DX9, 4790k at 4.4GHz, 8GB RAM, GT780

Thanks for any help
Ernst

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Varous problems
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:55 PM »
Hi Ernst,
     Can you please post a picture of the black object(s).  Also, have you tried reloading the scenery library, to see if it corrects itself?  Sometimes objects take longer to load in.  If I wait a minute or two, they pop in.  A picture would be nice though, please.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

updraft

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:01:09 AM »
Hi jeff3163,

Thank for looking into my problem!

Problem is solved: FTX Central reshuffled my scenery.cfg entries and the EZ Library was set quite high above the RTMM/CIRP entries.

Moving EZ Library below RTMM brings all the great RTMM sceneries flawlessly back!

For your reference I am adding a screenshot of the problem I had at PF40.

Thanks and best regards
Ernst

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:37:01 AM »
Problem is solved: FTX Central reshuffled my scenery.cfg entries and the EZ Library was set quite high above the RTMM/CIRP entries.
Well,the problem might be fixed for the moment. It seems that you didn't set insertion points (!?)
If it isn't done correctly this will happen every time you use FTXCentral switching between the continents back and forth.

Have a look here:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/?hl=+insertion%20+points&fromsearch=1
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:16:41 AM »
Ok, thanks for posting the pic.  Dieter is right, check that your FTX Central insertion point is set correctly.  Thanks Dieter.  8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

updraft

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
Thank you for your FTX Central insertion point hints!
I am aware of this, but it seems to me, that even a well defined and correctly set insertion point doesn't solve this scenery.cfg reshuffling problem in a really consistent way.
Maybe the upcoming FTX Central will be more stable and intuitive.

BRgds
Ernst

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 02:41:08 PM »
A correctly set insertion point will be stable and not change the order of the FSX Scenery Library entries under normal everyday use.  That being said there have been some anomalies as a result of subsequent ORBX scenery auto-installers recently and these have been discussed and updates/work arounds posted in the ORBX forums.  Remember that when you install addon scenery in the normal manner FSX will place that scenery at the top of the scenery library every time.  ORBX auto-installers place their software within the ORBX folder in FSX but on occasion there have been instances of files being place incorrectly.  This mostly seems to involve any Land Class (LC) files.  As I said before these errors are usually reported quickly and ORBX normally has a fix within a short time but it is necessary to stay aware of the fact that when you install new ORBX software it can have problems as well.
 8)
Later,

Spud