Author Topic: Starting Point Confusion  (Read 4803 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Starting Point Confusion
« on: October 10, 2014, 10:18:30 PM »
I feel like an idiot sometimes, but...let's say I wanted to fly #Beach River to Chenega Bay. I need to enter the starting point for Beach River in world/map, right? OK, well I have to have my plane somewhere stationary to do that, right? So I do that while I'm sitting at PAKT, my default runway. I then use the map feature to change my location via the lat/lon for Beach River. It takes me there. Then I load the Beach River to Chenega FP. It shows PAKT as my origin and 570 miles away.
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Starting Point Confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 07:22:22 AM »
JJ that sounds like a problem in MY end.  I'll go after it this afternoon. Converting 700 of them had to cause a problem here and there, I'm betting this one is "here". :-).  I'll update this this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up.

Doug

UPDATE:  Ok, there is a new plan up there in the RTMM Flight Plans for #Beach River.  Download the new zip, grab the new #Beach River dated 10/11/2014 and replace the old #Beach River that you have.  What was interesting, when I brought the OLD plan up, it started me in Honolulu and took me to PAKT!  I think my computer may need to get back on the meds! :-)

A note to folks updating these plans. It is best to DELETE everything with a # or a = prefix in your documents library for the sim. Then add the new # and = plans from the downloaded zip. It is best to replace because sometimes the names change.  It is not to difficult to grab these two groups and delete.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:37:51 AM by Doug »

jsapair

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:21:49 PM »
Thanks Doug, I thought I was losing it. Honolulu? I think I'd need a bigger plane for that trip. Funny that out of all those flight plans I picked that one for starters. Maybe a good thing, though.

Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AM »
Great that you found it JJ. That's an interesting little trip. Got to know the runway heading in the return trip as it is tucked in behind that ridge. Also an interesting little airport, bumpy gravel and a sloping taxiway.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »
Doug,
I just sent you and e-mail on Josephine Lake to Misty's. It also reverts to the plan TO JOLAKE when trying to come back from the lake.
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »
Spud, I caught a typo on those plans... to and from are both named Josephine to Misty's. I brought them both up in Plan-G and re-named the plan with the (=) Josephine from Misty's. It's compiled correctly in PG just misnamed.
                                 JJ
Jsapair

Doug

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
I'm done with trying to make Josephine Lake Cabin RETURN trip work. It will not work, and it crashes the sim every time, no matter how I add it. This thing has been a real problem for weeks now.  I think there is something wrong with the Way Point ... but I don't know what. Sometimes if you use it as the ending point, it looks good until you save it and then it puts in Eutsik Airport ... there is no such thing anywhere! Who knows where that comes from.  I've spent over a month working on it ... it is not worth the time. So there is no # or return trip from Josephine Lake cabin.  It has been taken out of the RTMM Flight Plans.zip.  I've done hundreds of these things with no problems, a typo here and there, but basically not a problem. This one simply will not work. So if you want to come back from Josephine Lake, take off, fly high and set your gps direct for PF20.

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »
Well that sure makes it simple.  I have tried several of Doug's rewrites of the plan and although the plan from Misty to JOLAKE works now I can't get Doug's latest 'return' plan to work at all.  I'll just 'go direct' as he suggests.
jsapair, I referred to modified flt. plans Doug sent me via e-mail while we were trying to solve the problems.
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
I wonder if there is something screwy about the J cabin way point?

I don't like to give up, but 20 hours to fix it? Forget it. So I put a new clock at Misty's Place...at last I feel I've accomplished something.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:26:48 AM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
Was it made using Plan-G?  or something else?
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
Yep, Plan G, but I've made hundreds if them with Plan G with no problems from the software. Spud look at the last plan I sent you, the list of waypoints. Notice there is no waypoint number for J Cabin, it is blank.

Magnum346

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
Hi

There is another interesting possibility of navigation, using GET 'Google Earth Tracker), you must just have 2 screens, It allows you to see your markings on the map.  ;)