Author Topic: New installation of P3D 2.3 Notes  (Read 3344 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
New installation of P3D 2.3 Notes
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »
 :-\  Taking the plunge so please bear with me if I ask redundant questions that others may have already answered. I could really use the advice of the brave souls that have taken the steps ahead of me.

I decided that I would go with the fresh installation method instead of the patch. Thought it would save me some headaches with addons not working, etc. I've deleted my previous version of Prepar3D which was at the latest patch for 2.2.

So wish me luck.

Brad

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: New installation of P3D 2.3 Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:54:42 PM »
 :o That was pretty painless. So, I guess I'm up and running with v2.3 now. Fresh P3D install and new Tongass Fjords, PFJ, PNW and SAK. Now to start with the RTMM world. New objects are installed and time to go back into the library for locations.

Let the fun begin.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: New installation of P3D 2.3 Notes
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »
Easier to start fresh on a 2.3 install like you did. Hardest part is setting up the scenery library. Don't forget to put in the new FSUIPC, I always forget that one.  And (for now) fix the clouds.fx file as discussed in the other thread.  They are going to come up with a hot fix for that, but it is easy for you to do.  As I mentioned, at last, my system is stable and smooth. I am really pleased with P3D 2.3. It is nice to get back to flying and away from "tweaking."