Author Topic: Kitsault sounds  (Read 5372 times)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Kitsault sounds
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:10:30 AM »
Now, after checking the sounds at Misty's I downloaded the Kitsault scenery sounds and triple checked that all files were in the proper places.  Went to the scenery and heard nothing!  No matter the time of day either.   The horses were a huge surprise and looked great.  The horse.wav file plays ok and the bgl's are in the Kitsault scenery folder, fx files in Effects folder.

Still looking.   ???

EDIT    All is well.  I'm only leaving this post up because someone else may do the same thing.  I installed all the files while the sim was still running!!  Once I closed it and restarted all the sounds were fine.   ::)
Always wondered where Jimmy Buffet retired too.   ;D

One thing sort of strange: there is a sound best described as the burner on a hot air balloon going off at fairly regular intervals.  Anyone else confirm this?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:24:20 AM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Kitsault sounds
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:40:23 AM »
Thanks for the update Drag ... your post is a good one, others will run into that problem I'm sure, so it's a good "teaching moment" thanks for leaving it "up".

Doug

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:09:16 AM »
>>> I downloaded the Kitsault scenery sounds
?
I cannot find them (I have nina's and misty's sound)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
>>> I downloaded the Kitsault scenery sounds
?
I cannot find them (I have nina's and misty's sound)

Dieter

Go to the Scenery download page look in the kitsault file the link is there.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
Thank you for pointing in the right direction.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »
Checked out the Kitsault sounds today after installing them.  Got the horse, wind, night, party and Margaritaville sounds but like Misty's and Nina's sounds the volume is so low that I can barely hear the sounds.
Any tweak to increase the volume?
 8)
Later,

Spud

GrahamP

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
Open the window?  ;) :)

Sorry, that's not very helpful.  Have you tried adjusting your environment sound volume in the FSX sound settings?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:14:50 PM by GrahamP »
Graham

Dexthom

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
These sounds are placed in different areas of the scenery.  The sounds in Chester's start at dusk and go into the night.  The sounds are also directional.  If one is in slew mode, the sound will be muted.  If one hears a strange sound, you can listen to the *.wav files with windows media player.  The Winamp player
may not play certain wav files.  If you unzip the sound file to a temporary folder, and you double click on
a wav file, Windows Media Player should play the sounds in that file.  I am having second thoughts about adding sounds since each person has a different computer configuration.  What works and sounds good to me may not work for someone else. 

Doug

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »
Dex ... I put your comments up onto the FAQ page under "S".  (Edited a little for posterity). Good tips that help people understand these tricky files.  I think as long as we don't expect them to be perfect, but simply an enhancement to the scenery location, they can be a lot of fun indeed.

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »
Yes Dex, please don't discontinue the sounds.  They are a great enhancement.  Maybe just a disclaimer as you mentioned about different results for different systems.

Thanks for your additions to RTMM!    8)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Dexthom

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
I am currently looking for a different approach to see if there are better results so I'll keep plodding
until I can get something better.  I don't want folks at 3,000 feet hearing music from the ground.  :'(

Doug

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
[Doug is thinking, that happens all the time for me, without the Flight Sim turned on!]

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 11:20:54 AM »
As mentioned in another post about sounds I did raise the volume in FSX for environment sounds and they are louder.  As a test after I had louder sounds I went to 'slew mode' (y key) and the sound were very muted, to the point of barely hearing them.  After coming out of slew mode the sounds were still muted and it took a refresh of the texture (reload textures) to get the sound volume up to where it is audible again.  Just returning to FSX from slew did not do it for me.
If you are trying to check sounds by slewing to different parts of the scenery I'm afraid it will be ineffective from what I have observed.
 8)

Repeated in this thread FYI
Later,

Spud

Dexthom

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
Spud, going into slew mode kills the sound on my machine.  I mentioned that somewhere.

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
I think that's normal, it certainly has the same effect for me, Slew, no sound.