Author Topic: Black Objects in New Libraries  (Read 13668 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Black Objects in New Libraries
« on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:55 AM »
I have been encountering them in my travels. Usually it's just a dumpster or something and normally I just move on but in some instances it's blatant. My question is three-fold. #1) Do you want to know about them. #2) Do you want me to post the locations, as per a photo, or do you need more info than that, i.e Lat/Lon. #3) Is this where I should be posting the pics, assuming that the above is a go. Willing to help if help is wanted in this matter. I'd like to know if anybody else is running into black objects and just ignoring it.
                            JJ

I'll attach a few pics.

Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Black Objects in New Libraries
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »
jsapair,
although not in every instance, if you simply include the coordinates (CTRL-Z) in the screen shot every time then it can be duplicated quite easily to check out what we see in that same exact location.
Usually if you see an object that is blackened out without any textures it is because you are missing either a texture file or more likely have not installed the library that contains those textures.
Can you tell us at what airport the screen shot was taken?
Question 1 = Yes
Question 2 = Yes (see above)
Question 3 = No, Help and Troubleshooting is a better forum for problem reports.
Question 4 = I sure hope not.  Letting us know about problems is the only way they will ever get fixed if it is possible to do so.
In your shot I'm not sure what your trying to show with no textures due to it being such a wide view, best to get in close to the offending object and omit the aircraft altogether with a shot from the 2D cockpit without the instrument panel showing.  The coordinates will allow us to find the location exactly as I have said above.
 8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:29:19 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
I have the latest Terrace version and I looked at this in IS3. It looks like you are refering to the black object on the side of the hanger. It is Welcome_RTMM_1_sm from the OLD RTMM library CX_Signs.bgl. It shows for me because I still have that library yon my system. It also shows up on a post in front of Brad's BBQ. To further complicate things, strangely enough, this sign does not show up in the Terrace object list, even though I can see it. I think the reference of it was added to another scenery file somewhere and placed in another bgl. If you are familiar with IS then you know how this can mistakenly happen if you place objects into other scenery files by mistake. Clear as mud, right?

I'm not sure, but I think there may be a screw up in the RTMM required scenery library because all but one of the CX libraries are missing in the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part II 6-7-14.zip file. (CX_Summit_signs.bgl is the only one in the library). The PDF that comes with Part II bears this out. Perhaps, and I don't remember, there was a permission issue with them and they had to be left out. Doug? Rod?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
JJ was asking me about this on PM ... I thought it might be good to get it up here so "real" minds could work on it!

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
Missing library issue.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
JJ ... good point, did you use the scenery checker.  If yes, then we've got to work on it because it should show what you are missing ... otherwise, we create a plan B! :-)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »
While I agree that in Part II download there is only the one CX file ualani mentioned in his post the Ceyx_Scenery_LibrariesFSXP3D 6-17-14 contains 60 additional CX files.  Why the one CX file is in Part II I'm not sure but IF you have the Ceyx_Scenery_LibrariesFSXP3D 6-17-14 installed the sign should show.

Now a word of caution here:  If you are using old libraries and attempting to trouble shoot problems it may and quite likely will interject new problems as the older library could contain different objects/textures than what is currently being used by RTMM scenery.  Please make sure you download and have installed the five RTMM libraries dated 06.07 2014 Parts 1 and II so everybody is on the same exact page from the git go or there could be differing advice.

As for the problem jsapair is experiencing it is a missing library texture problem but I'm not sure which library is the culprit.  As your reporting instances of many black, no textured objects I'm assuming either you do not have one library installed or activated.  Jsapir make sure you have all 5 RTMM required libraries installed and activated in FSX and in addition that you download and install the latest FTX/ORBX Library (currently 140703) because Instant Scenery 3 users have been know to use objects from those libraries in violation of ORBX terms of use and they could slip into RTMM scenery accidentally.
 8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:11:49 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
Spud,
You are correct about the bgl. I was looking for an FSXP3D designation of  CX_signs bgl, (FSXP3D CX_signs) which doesn't exist, and I didn't look in the Part I library for it where the bgl in question indeed resides, without the FSXP3D designation.

The textures in question are:

Old_wood_part.dds
Welcome_Misty_Moorings_4.dds

JJ,
Try moving these 2 textures, if you have them, into your main FSX texture folder and see what happens.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »
If jsapair, has the two files in a library then there is no reason to move them as they will work wherever they reside and splitting up the library files isn't a good idea as then your install is non-standard and troubleshooting could be problematic after that.  The closer to having all the same files in the same locations as everyone the easier it is to recommend corrections when problems pop-up and unfortunately the always seem to happen.

Good example of that is at the moment my FSX sound folder has disappeared and I have none of the RTMM .wav files that the scenery requires.  This has caused any RTMM location that calls for sounds to cause a CTD of the sim with a "Creation Failed, no sound" error when you try to land or start from that location.  Working on the cure now but presently it is a royal PITA!  >:(
 8)
Later,
Spud
Later,

Spud

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »
I have all 5 required FSXP3D libraries installed and activated, and I pass the scenery tester. Here's a couple more at PF27, Telkwa Mt. Lodge Airstrip.

The first is taken with my AC at N54 40.94, W127 31.29. You can see that the roof of the building is black. The second is looking down the airstrip from a pos. of N54 40.95, W127 31.31, basically the same spot.
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 11:36:05 PM »
jsapair,
you definitely have a library problem of some type because if you compare the screen shots in my post with your shots the barrels marking the runway have no texture and the red roof texture is missing as well ans the end of runway barricades are completely missing as well
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 02:34:18 AM »
Do a check for duplicates, just to rule that out.   :-\

Another "black texture" thread, might be of some help somehow-

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1602.0
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:38:04 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 08:59:28 AM »
Spud,
JJ had problems like this in the past and I had him move the textures to the main texture folder and they went away....worked for him in the past. It was something that Rod referred to trying in a post long ago, which worked. Just sayin'. (FSX looks there first.)
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think there may be a screw up in the RTMM required scenery library because all but one of the CX libraries are missing in the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part II 6-7-14.zip file. (CX_Summit_signs.bgl is the only one in the library). The PDF that comes with Part II bears this out. Perhaps, and I don't remember, there was a permission issue with them and they had to be left out. Doug? Rod?

The library is correct.   FSXP3D CX_Summit_signs.bgl is in Part II because RTMM has ownership and we are allowed to use these objects in future scenery builds.   All the rest of the CX libraries are in Part I without the FSXP3D prefix because we do not have permission to build future sceneries with these objects.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
Spud,
JJ had problems like this in the past and I had him move the textures to the main texture folder and they went away....worked for him in the past. It was something that Rod referred to trying in a post long ago, which worked. Just sayin'. (FSX looks there first.)

Previous texture problems just enforces my belief that his libraries are either not correctly installed and/or place in the sim.
 8)
Later,

Spud