Author Topic: Remember This Cabin? (I didn't!)  (Read 2928 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Remember This Cabin? (I didn't!)
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
Going through all the flight plans for the cabins, there was one I simply DO NOT remember. I thought I knew where ever one was, and this one was right under my nose ... I've flown over it hundreds of times, and if you're a regular here, you have too. I simply did not know it was there.

Do you recognize it?

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Remember This Cabin? (I didn't!)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »
Doug,
If I'm right, this should be Bakewell Cabin in Ketchikan Ranger District.
It's about halfway from misty's place to Ketchikan on Gravina Island if you fly around it's southeastern shorelines?

It seems I was also flying over it for a hundred times just to realize last week that it is there...... :)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:39:30 AM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Remember This Cabin? (I didn't!)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:16 AM »
Klaus,
Correct you are. I fly over this one a couple of times a day, I really didn't remember it being there. It has to be one Brad or I have done, deer in the woods, SeaGrass in the water...not PFJ.  I was doing all the reverse plans and hit on it coming through the Ketchikan Ranger District cabins. It didn't have a picture, so I made one. But when the plan came up in Plan G, I thought it was an error. Sure enough, I flew it for fun and there it was...had been there for at least 3 years and I didn't know it.  I made about 70 cabins to fill in and complete the USFS list. So either I did it or Brad did.

When I was a kid, I planted a pumpkin patch. Watched and nursed them all summer. Got some very poor examples...it was a disappointing harvest. But when tearing out the patch, I discovered one piece of the vine had gone through the wooden fence...and in the other side if the fence was the pumpkin I had dreamed of all summer...right there close by, but hidden by the fence. What a thrill to carry that prize back up to the house and show it to my little brother who had been laughing at my sorry pumpkin patch all summer.  Finding that cabin right there under my nose brought back that memory.