Author Topic: P3Dv2.3 Available!  (Read 15512 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: P3Dv2.3 Available!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
Problem Solved (I think!)

The problem was FSUIPC ... there is a new beta "f" out that you can get here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=7878

I put it in and everything worked ... at least I'm flying for 10 minutes.  Just replace the dll in "modules" with this one.

Doug

Food For Thought: This may actually be a positive policy change from Lockheed Martin vs Microsoft. LM is forcing (with a little pain for us) developers to update their programs to match the progress they are making at L.M. It seems Microsoft was driven by the "developers" ... LM seems to be driven by their own people (and us) and the developers must struggle to keep up.  That is actually a good thing, they just need to work out an "update" process.  If FSUIPC is CRITICAL for P3D, then they should have waited until this critical component was in place or at least availabe.  I'm told ORBX Object Flow has a similar problem and can crash you. Dex has warned us about IS3 ... so we'll wait on that update before we do any additions at RTMM.

In this case, they probably should have caught this problem ... I had the latest FSUIPC for P3D ... just found the beta on the L.M. forum, didn't know it existed. 

Rangerick

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »
Once again RTMM proves to be a Great site !

Based on all the observations reported here.... I'm glad I haven't installed the patch yet and won't be doing so until the 'dust' settles.

Geeeeeeez... I just got 2.2 working nicely   ;)

THANKS for the 'Heads-Up' guys.   You ARE The BEST !

Rick

hjsmuc

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 10:29:05 AM »
Hi Doug. thanks for replying to the campfire issue, it's only a small thing but we all seem to be perfectionists here. :)

If you look at the attached screen shot I guess this is your new campfire, much smaller than the old one.
My waterfall files were up to date. What I noticed was that in the effects folder there are two campfire files, one had MM added to the name. If I use this one and disable the original file from P3D then it looks ok.

What are the forest fire effect files for btw? There is also one with the MM in the name.

Cheers,
Hans

Doug

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »
You are absolutely correct, I didn't replace it. (I just got P3D working and went right to it to look at it). I've put my Special Effects Detail setting on LOW.  This works best for all of the smoke in P3D.  Give that a try and you'll see the smoke, even from the cabins now looks "real".  That's why I didn't change it out.  Thanks for pointing it out though.  Change that setting and see what you think.  You will see the smoke from the cabins becomes more transparent and "wispy" too.

PS: Back on topic ... the FSUIPC "f" dll works fine with the new P3D v2.3.  That was the problem for me.  For those of you updating ... I did a full reinstall, I didn't do the patch, but the error I got for both was the same, so I'm betting the patch will now work for you. (But I don't bet over a nickle or so!).

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:29:17 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 11:50:59 AM »
P3D 2.3 update:  Running more smoothly than 2.2.  One change I see is the lights on the beaver now work, before they were "iffy" sometimes ok, sometimes not. If I find other things changed I'll let you know.  Also, anyone else seeing differences, let us know.

D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 01:10:43 PM »
Hi Doug,

Looking forward to the answer to whether 2.3 regenerates effects when you fly from one effect area to the next..as you know 2.2 did not do that without a recycle.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »
Rod...do you mean like seeing smoke at Misty's Place, the seeing it at Herring bay when you arrive after a flight from Misty's? I've heard u discuss this, but wasn't sure what you were meaning.

D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »
Hi Doug,

Robert or Jeff could explain this problem a lot better then I.   Basically if you started at someplace like Misty's place (with the smoke effects all active) and flew around PANT and on back to Misty's Place without reloading, the smoke effects (as well as most other effects) would not reengage when you got to the Misty's Place area.   This would be true for any flight over about 10 miles or so such that effects at the arriving location would not be automatically engaged as you approached.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »
Rod ... flew from Misty's Place (smoke in the air) ... over to Metlatkla, landed, returned to Misty's Place, smoke still in the air.  Don't know if that's what you need, but that's what I saw this time.

D

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:07:05 PM by Doug »

DocBird

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
I used the update patch from the latest (patched) 2.2 to 2.3 without any issues.

I followed the advice on the AVSIM/Prepar3d-forum and updated FSUIPC beforehand (link is provided in the AVSIM-thread). There was no reinstall necessary and all the addons (including all RTTM-scenery) are working out of the box.

Performance is way better then before: 30+ fps in PFJ around Misty's place or PAKT and still 15+ in Portland (OR) with every scenery setting and most lighting settings (including terrain shadows, cloud shadows annd shadows for buildings!) maxed out; even in overcast conditions. The new ORBX-free-AI also installed. 2.3 rocks!  :D

I am running an "old" i7 2600k @ 3.8 ghz together with a GTX780. So nothing fancy...

I can just recomment to update by using the patch and to follow the advice in the AVSIM-Forum.

Happy landings

Till

P.S. Orbx and a lot of other developers have updated their .dll-files in the meantime!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
Rod ... flew from Misty's Place (smoke in the air) ... over to Metlatkla, landed, returned to Misty's Place, smoke still in the air.  Don't know if that's what you need, but that's what I saw this time.

D

That sounds very encouraging.  Let's see what Jeff and Robert have to say once they get 2.3 installed.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
I was able to fly after applying the FSUIPC fix.  I started at Copalis Beach State Park, and then went to several locations, and effects all seem to be working as they should.  Thanks Doug for digging up that fsuipc file.  I am glad my sim loads up again.  I was getting the msvcr100.dll ctd too.  I installed the 2.3 version using the full install file, and installed it right over the previous one.  Now that it loads without the ctd, it works great (so far).   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 07:16:49 AM »
That's great Jeff.  It sounds like the fixed the effect regeneration issue.

Rod

Doug

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »
Jeff, you installed 2.3 right over 2.2? That will be great for the future. I'm sure it will mean some addons will stop working, but then just uninstall those until they catch up. I think that FSUIPC caught them flat footed. Looks like they already had an answer with the new one and launched without thinking about needing it. With that developer on vacation, you can see why it happened. 

Not seeing a lot of dif, like having the lights in the planes work again.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 02:26:41 AM »
I haven't had any issues from the install method, but I did have a nasty msvcr100.dll CTD issue.  It seems that alot of people are having that.  Anyway, I installed the recommended FSUIPC4.dll file and it seemed to help at first.  Then suddenly they came back and worse.  Every time I booted up the sim, it would CTD as soon as it loaded.
     Today I deleted my P3D shader cache (again), and rebuilt my P3D.cfg file, renaming the current one.  After restarting this time, it is like a new install, except all my addons work.  I must have had some junk in my config file.  I turned off Opus weather for now.  And also IS3 too.

I started out at Jedway seabase, and cruised my Malibu boat down to the dive site because the water is looking sooo good.  I got into my wetsuit and dove the wreck, and swam with the whales.  When I was done I surfaced and swam to the main island.  I went up to 16,000 feet next, and parachuted down over the area.  After landing, I shut down normally.  No crash. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P