Author Topic: Missing the full waterfall experience  (Read 3821 times)

hjsmuc

Missing the full waterfall experience
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
Hi all,

A while ago I moved completely over to Prepar3D and I don't regret it. I am keeping my FSX installation  for comparison purposes but intend to delete it soon.

Big thanks to Doug and everybody else who was involved in porting the libraries and sceneries and making them look great in Prepar3D!

So far, I have only come across one issue: The waterfalls don't look like waterfalls. Please see attached screen shots. All libraries are installed (see scenery tester screen shot for this). I tried many different settings for shadows, scenery complexity, effects etc. but the waterfalls at Waterfall and Big Hydro remain static. I also copied all effect files.

Any idea of what might be the reason is highly appreciated.

P3D 2.2, NVIDIA 760, latest drivers.

Thanks
Hans

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Missing the full waterfall experience
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »
  . . . stand by, . . . testing,  . . .

I am back.  I made sure I had the copy from the scenery page before starting.  I went there and I DO have waterfall spray on the Big Falls.  So you need to check some other waterfalls, like Owikeeno, to see if they are non-functional also.  Then we can say your waterfall effect is not showing.  I knew Doug "backed off" on the waterfall effects, but I didn't know what the final result was.

The waterfall at Waterfall does not show spray for me.  The old scenery was an atrocious mass of spray that dominated the scenery.  The rocks could not be seen at all.  This is better. (I think so)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:17:51 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:26 PM »
... side comment. I backed the waterfalls down A LOT as we converted. I had too many of them and they didn't look correct. So if you are comparing to what was there vs what is there now, there is a difference because of what I did. But you may be talking about something else. Have you got Owikeeno Lake in? If so, go to a waterfall there and see if it works ok.

Update ... yes, this is "waterfall"  and I backed the waterfall out of it. In P3D, the effect covered the whole area, you couldn't see any of the boulders.  So I took it out. So you are "OK" on this scenery ... that's a change I made.

Doug
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:03:51 PM by Doug »

hjsmuc

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
Thanks a lot, I will try Owikeeno Lake and report.