Author Topic: PD3 Only Now for Doug  (Read 5135 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
PD3 Only Now for Doug
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »
Bit the bullet last night and deleted the FSX folder (after saving it all to a special passport external drive). So I'm now running on P3D alone.  For me, the only thing missing is FSDiscover! and a lot of OOM calls. Everything is working perfectly and much smoother.  Kind of scary to hit that delete key after all these years.

Teecee

Re: PD3 Only Now for Doug
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »
Did the same thing about a eight days ago.. not out of choice though.. I am just getting things settled in P V2 and to be honest FSX was running so well up to the point that it crashed that I still miss it..No  doubt P V2 will eventually settle down. I hope so anyway.. let us know how you go please Doug.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
I'm using both FSX and P3D. For sim flying, it's only P3D 2.2. However for my development of scenery and missions for RTMM, I am sticking with FSX and the compatible tools for those enhancements that I prefer. That's Instant Scenery version 1.04 (IS1) and Instant Mission Maker (IMM)

I absolutely hate the user interface of Instant Scenery 3. I hated it in version 2 and went backwards and now the same with 3. I find it clumsy and not as precise as IS1. You have to be looking down at the ground or it won't take a command. You have more menus that you have to navigate. And you mainly have to use the mouse to negotiate the movements. I can produce much faster with the older version. So now that I have it installed on my new system, I am back to making scenery for us all to enjoy again.

I've yet to make a new mission for P3D on my new PC using IMM but will try that out soon. I'm learning that it is possible.

Brad

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »
After a few months using exclusively P3D (now V 2.3) I was decided to remove FSX (DX10) from my computer. It is equiped with exactly the same ORBX, etc. add-ons than P3D.
As at my age (72) I am always somewhat nostalgic with old "objects", before removing and erasing everything related to FSX I decided to make a last goodbye flight with this "good old friend" from Ketchikan.
What a surprise! After all these weeks with the newer sim I had forgotten how FSX can be attractive and, to be frank, I just loved what I saw on my screen. Good FPS, great landscape, and water and sky much better than what I get with P3D.
Now I will definitly keep both program and possibly live a new adventure (like an unfaithful husband) with FSX, watching at the same time P3D next developments.

Yoland SPA348
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:03:56 AM »
YEA
Im' more youngest as Yoland -12 hears old
But i prefer the 2 installations FSX and P3D2.4

FSX for the Lan some friends don't get to LM for the moment

after install 2.4 with rĂ©el MTO last night... i take off from PASI direct to PAJN  what a wonderfull flight in C170r A2A ..I can't resist to do it ...  :P

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]