Author Topic: RTMM Libraries  (Read 4383 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
RTMM Libraries
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »
Just wanted to say, got the new libraries installed and the old ones deleted. Piece of cake...loved the new streamlined installation. Everything's working great. Went to some areas with known problems (for me) like floating signs, black docks. All better now. Can't express enough appreciation for the work you guys put into this project. Am I kissing a little butt here? Maybe...but it's well warranted :)
Jsapair

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM Libraries
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:50:50 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and we appreciate it.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:56:15 PM »
Yes thank you.  It was a LOT of work, more than I had envisioned, actually.  One thing that drove me on this was having watched Misty Moorings, Inc sort of die a slow death when FSX came out.  Nothing we had there worked in FSX, so as people moved on to FSX Misty Moorings was left behind.  Seeing P3D coming, I didn't want to take the chance of losing all this hard work, so we dug in and made it compatible with the future.  I'm sure many people will stay with FSX (and FSXDX10) ... but many have moved to P3D and those we would have lost by now as they moved to the newer packages that can handle P3D.

I'm finding P3D to be far more stable and predictable than FSX. I'm not having any problems with IS3 and the new Plan G is working fine (wish I could turn off the little red airplanes, haven't found that yet). I do miss FSDiscover! ... makes flying more fun ... "what's that down there?" Tonight I actually just set back and flew. Got the new P3D Cardinal 177 from Alabeo (nice aircraft) and am flying it up the east coast just to take a break from all the web work.  Landed in Manteo (on the outer banks) and there were people walking around ... looks like Neal was here ahead of me with one of the little free airport upgrades.  Nice to be taking a break ... glad folks are able to use it so smoothly.  Again thank you for the kind words.

jsapair

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
Doug, try flying Real Weather next time during the next hurricane on the Outer Banks. Did my first 'crab' landing that way in 100 mph winds. Fun stuff. If you wear earplugs you can barely hear the passengers scream. Speaking of which...can you even imagine what the survivors of that Malaysian flight in the Ukrain went through? Too horrible to even want to think about it.
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:49:41 AM »
Doug, try flying Real Weather next time during the next hurricane on the Outer Banks. Did my first 'crab' landing that way in 100 mph winds. Fun stuff. If you wear earplugs you can barely hear the passengers scream. Speaking of which...can you even imagine what the survivors of that Malaysian flight in the Ukrain went through? Too horrible to even want to think about it.

No survivors 298 killed.  (RIP)
 :-X
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »
Mea Culpa. I hope they all died instantly.
Jsapair

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »
Vladimir Putin has the blood of every victim on his hands.

jsapair

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »
You bet. I can see why spud called me out on that 'survivors' comment. My thought at the time was if some of those poor folks lived 30 seconds or a minute, or whatever, they were survivors for that horrible length of time. Unimaginable. 'Nuff said.
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Gruesome to think about but if the A/C disintegrated at 400 Kts. at FL320 survival even for a few seconds would be very unlikely.  Explosive decompression alone would cause almost instant death or at the very least lack of oxygen would lead to passing out quickly followed by the inevitable.
Later,

Spud