Author Topic: Annette Island problems  (Read 10902 times)

Dieter

Re: Annette Island problems
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:51 AM »
I downloaded  and installed "annette_island_fly_in_v1.0.zip" (green dot) again.
File is dated 6/30/2014 3:46pm, size 3.69 kb
My setings are pretty close to what you posted above.
Problems in P3D are still the same for me.

[Just to mention: No problem in FSX]

My "annette" files are:
- annette_island_fly_in.bgl
- ADE_FTX_PFJ_PANT_Annette_Island.BGL
- ADE_FTX_PFJ_PANT_Annette_Island_CVX.bgl

What he sent back fixed it for me
What do you mean by that?

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
Good morning Dieter,
     I discovered this problem during testing of the POP project, and I told Rod about it.  Well, Rod pondered the problem and then sent me an annette_island_fly_in.bgl file after modifying it somehow.  I tested it, and it worked for me.  So I told him that it was fixed, and he passed the file on to Doug.  The file was posted to the scenery library, and that's what you've got. 
     I think an obsolete "windsock" object was removed after my testing, and that is why the posted file is different than my BETA version.  But both work on my system, just the same.  I just removed that windsock myself, from my file and kept that earlier release.   :-\
     The problem only exists in P3D, and is related to the core functions of the program.  Like I said above, I was not able to affect it in any way by changing the settings the normal user has access to. 
     Rod will have to explain, if he wants to, what changes were actually made to the file itself.  I don't know what he did to it. 
     Scenery Library consideration:  My Annette_island_fly_in folder resides alphabetically, in my RTMM scenery entries of my scenery library, above FTX and below the  object library entries. 

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:22:22 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spirit_66

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »
Hi Jeff,
just downloaded again and have the same file as you.
It's difficult for me to find the right angle and/or distance to see all the glory of Annette Island.

Here's what I normally see

That's what I can see if I zoom out only a little bit

You may notice that all is gone or shown and it's not only about the balloons. RWY and buildings are hit by the effect too.

I've mesh resolution at 5m too and the texture resolution at 15cm.

Zooming out or going higher above the field helps to see the Annette effects. Zooming in or going down let them disappear.

I need only to set up the flight at the RWY or helipad to see that it doesn't work because the tarmac of the RWY is not present. It's really difficult for me to catch a view to see what it should be. The most time I can't see it.

Well, I don't know where else I should have a look and I wonder why you don't get this problem.

Thanks a lot for your effort
Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

spirit_66

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 11:04:43 AM »
.......  Scenery Library consideration:  My Annette_island_fly_in folder resides alphabetically, in my RTMM scenery entries of my scenery library, above FTX and below the  object library entries.
Hi Jeff,
this sentence is a bit confusing because in the RTMM description is said that the sceneries are above the object libraries. Anyway, I tried the opposite and it didn't change anything.
Thanks
Spirit

spirit_66

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Hi Jeff,
the view from the helipad. Same angle only different zoom.

Thanks
Spirit

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 11:16:38 AM »
Yep, I know I have been lazy about moving those libraries down.  Maybe I'll do that today, while I'm thinking about it. 
Anyway, what you describe is the exact problem I originally had.  But the updated file corrected it on my machine.  The problem does effect the entire area's scenery, including the boat show out in the bay and the town of Metlakatla.   :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 11:49:42 AM »
I've corrected my scenery library order, loaded into Molokai, then loaded into Metlakatla, where I took off.  I landed at PANT and taxied to the fly-in area.  I did a short take-off for the crowd, then came back around for a low pass.  I switched to external view, panning and zooming like crazy.  Nothing disappeared.   :-[

spirit_66

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi Jeff,
only to be clear. I always load the flight at PANT. You said you landed at PANT. Can it make a difference of this proportion?
I'll try tomorrow also to land at PANT but now it's late for me.
Bye
Spirit

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
Nope, I predict that won't have any effect on it whatsoever.  I just happened to take that approach, that time.  I was in an amphib beaver, thus the water start choice.  ;)

G'nite!

spirit_66

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:15 AM »
Hi Jeff,
looks like that this problem is not only present with PANT. At AVSIM somebody complained about this problem with Vashion and more.
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446898-weird-issue-with-buildings-only-appearing-at-certain-camera-anglesorbx-airports/

I remember now that I had this too at Vashion but I removed it again because it's not P3D v2 compatible yet.
Cheers
Spirit

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
Hi all,

It is possible we are looking at multiple problems here.  The one I fixed involved the removal of a  very odd rogue ORBX object that had accidentally been placed in the Annette Island Scenery .bgl.   I removed that as well as the obsolete windsock.  Both Brad and Jeff found Annette Island FlyIn to work correctly in P3Dv2 afterward.  So it is very interesting that Spirit and Dieter still have a object disappearance problem of some kind.

Spirit/Dieter....need to know the answers to the following.....

1.  Does the ORBX PANT terminal objects show up fine if you disable the FlyIn scenery and view from the same problem angles?  I noticed in Spirit's pic that the FlyIn scenery and the ORBX objects all disappeared when the problem takes place so I want to verify that it is the enabling of the FlyIn scenery that causes all of the ORBX objects (along with the FlyIn objects)  to disappear from certain angles/zooms.  Make sure the RTMM Scenery Tester is also disabled for this test.

2.  In a separate test, with the FlyIn Scenery still disabled, enable the RTMM Scenery Tester and see if the test objects plus all of the ORBX objects display properly from all angles.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Rod

spirit_66

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 10:09:21 AM »
Hi Rod,
just checked as you wished to know.

1. Yes - without the active fly-in scenery all the objects of PANT are on place.
2. Yes - without the active fly-in scenery the RTMM tester shows everything as it should be.

Thanks a lot for your effort
Spirit

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »
HI Spirit,  Dieter,

Thanks, Spirit!  Can you and Dieter also let me know if you have ORBX PAKT scenery installed. 

Thanks.

Rod

spirit_66

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 10:29:27 AM »
Hi Rod,
no ORBX PAKT installed in my P3D v2.2
Spirit

Dieter

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
This is for P3Dv2 only:

1. I don't have this problem when
- annette_island_fly_in.bgl
is deactivated. Orbx PANT = PFJ is working well, terminal objects are showing up fine.

2. Scenery tester active, annette_island_fly_in.bgl disabled,   ORBX objects at PANT display properly

P.S.
Sorry to say, but  I wonder that this problem "seems" to occur for  spirit_66 and me only (which I doubt)
I wonder why more other users don't report their experience. That  would help to "encircle" the problem.

Dieter
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:38:54 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals