Author Topic: RTMM Scenery Library slowly but surely getting the "green light"!  (Read 2073 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Hi all,

I am planning to take a close look at Hollis Harbor, Ketchikan Harbor and Halibut Cove as time permits to make sure they are revised as required for our "FSXP3D" environment.  I am in and out over the next month but will hope to get done as much as possible during that time.

Meanwhile, I need to make a quick comment on the superb work that Doug and Spud are doing as they look at the bulk of the  RTMM scenery library to clean them up for our new "FSXP3D" paradigm where FSX, FSX DX10 and P3Dv2 users can all see the exact same sceneries with no extra work!  When they are done with a Scenery, you will the little red light turn green.

Doug has been carefully following a process to review each scenery, find problems and make changes while Spud does the "QC" work making sure the revised scene is clean and the documentation is correct for our current environment. 

Great job, Doug and Spud!!!!

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM Scenery Library slowly but surely getting the "green light"!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:31:55 PM »
Thank you Rod ... I have the "fun" part, detective work on finding missing objects, etc. Spud is the one with the eagle eye that is going to give us the final result. I get it as right as I can, then post it. He downloads it looking for download/folder/file errors ... and he's finding them.  Meanwhile, I'm cleaning out misc files and folders on the server so only the stuff we need is "up there."

I'm doing the "fixing" in P3D (with IS3). So I can see it all in P3D. Spud downloads it and is looking at it in FSX, so that's are double-check.  That part of the process caught a recent problem of a bonfire I could not see in P3D, but he saw clearly in FSX ... problem solved. But this dual approach is what is going to make sure this works.

We are up to Fairfax Lake Campground ... so we are coming along nicely.  When Spud tells me the QC is OK on everything, those lights will turn green.  It is time consuming. You have to "map it" to get to the site, then you wait for Instant Scenery to kick in, then you open the object LIST and check to make sure no objects are missing or that we've accidentally used an "illegal" one. I then put the new ReadMeFirst into the zip, work on the file/folder structure and upload it. I send my latest log to Spud, he then checks things and as he "clears' them he sends the log back to me and if there is a problem I fix it, otherwise that location goes green. It takes some good teamwork, but I couldn't ask for a better team mate on this project.

No rush on Hollis, etc. You'll be back LONG before Spud and I are done with this process!  But it sure is going to be great to have everything CLEAN and WORKING perfectly for everyone. Well worth the effort.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:17:51 PM by Doug »