Author Topic: Newbie Installation Progress Reports: Number Three  (Read 2286 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Newbie Installation Progress Reports: Number Three
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
Progress Report #3

6/20/14

:-\  Not too good on the weather engine front. I had an installation of OPUS from before that I installed in what has to be the most confusing set of parameters for me that I have to admit made me feel pretty lost. I think I probably botched something because if I used OPUS at all, the only results in P3D was CTD's.

I have to stop because it's just too frustrating right now. So I definitely could use some advice from anybody that uses OPUS with P3D 2.2.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Newbie Installation Progress Reports: Number Three
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
Brad ... I tried OPUS, loved it, but went back to REX because of what you are running into. I didn't realize it at the time, but it caused another problem ... crashing after 5 miles of flying. I've had to "reload from scratch" again last night and this afternoon. I'm putting in all the RTMM scenery locations AGAIN , whew, what a boring job that is. 

I ran into a problem with the G3D.dll crashing, after about 5 miles of flying ... over and over, again first with OPUS, then again after a MYTraffic install. Seems almost any 3rd party can do this. There's an easy fix ... you delete the shader folder when you are NOT RUNNING P3d and it rebuilds and the problem is gone.  So I've run into that one now twice ... and didn't know there was an easy fix ... I've reloaded from scratch twice (getting pretty good at it).

So I'm adding all our wonderful locations to the scenery library, then I can get back to the QC process. I haven't got IS3 in P3D yet ... going to make sure it is all settled down. Doing the IS3 work with FSX.

REX is working well for me by the way.

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »
Hey guys,
I am using Opus and IS3 with no problems.  I had to do an uninstall and reinstall of Opus after rebuilding my system, but it recognised my P3D location and installed just fine.  Same with IS3.  It asks me if I want to run it each time I start the sim, but I just say yes and continue.  It works.  I have to load Opus manually.  Just because I haven't set it up for auto start yet.  But it works fine.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

dexthom

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »
Hey guys,
I am using Opus and IS3 with no problems.  I had to do an uninstall and reinstall of Opus after rebuilding my system, but it recognised my P3D location and installed just fine.  Same with IS3.  It asks me if I want to run it each time I start the sim, but I just say yes and continue.  It works.  I have to load Opus manually.  Just because I haven't set it up for auto start yet.  But it works fine.

Same for me!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:08:57 PM »
Well, this kind of makes sense I guess. I'm trying to catch on but it's all chinese at the moment.

Where to begin.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
 8)     I would say to make sure you've got the latest versions of the IS3 and Opus programs' installers.  Then do a COMPLETE uninstall, reboot twice, then re-install for each program.  Make sure you sweep your registry for leftovers before doing the re-install.    ???

8)     For Opus, I'm sure you know to start the server, not the client.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:29:19 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P