Author Topic: Always check the NOTAMs Page First  (Read 3557 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Always check the NOTAMs Page First
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
Hi folks ...
Just a reminder ... ALWAYS check the NOTAMs page first when you come to RTMM.  We add items there almost daily and some folks (we can tell from the emails) are missing what's going on.  When you come to the site, go to NOTAMs first and make sure everything you have is up to date. A quick scan there will tell you if something has been updated or added.

Doug

Tigerclaw

Re: Always check the NOTAMs Page First
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »
Hi, this is my first post, and I'm very impressed so far. I'm glad to be here.

Now why did I post here first? Because I did exactly what you just said, went to check for news and updates first. I noticed today that Misty's Place was updated so downloaded it straight away. I clicked the link on that news page, and the zip file downloaded immediately.

Now later on today, when my American friend came online, I told him about the update. He clicked the link like I did, but this time the link took him to a different page and he had to click another link to download. That done, we noticed a difference in the files we each had. I had a file called "Misty's_place_01.bgl with todays date. He had a file called "Misty's_place_02.bgl with todays date on it.

The original file was the _01 version and I just over wrote the file. Everything seems fine to me. He however has TWO files now, an _01 and an _02. Which of us has the correct install please?
Tony

Windows XP Pro 32 bit - Core 2 Duo 1.87Ghz - 2 gig Ram - GeForce GT240 1 gig Ram - Audigy ZS 2 - FSX Gold. ORBX - REX 2.0 - TrackIR 5

GrahamP

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
Hi, Tony  :)

misty's_place_02.bgl  is now the correct one (this is the updated file). 
misty's_place_01.bgl  can be deleted.
Graham

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »
Tony/Graham ... I put a note up there Tony that should help folks. Graham is correct.  We need to warn people to take out the old bgl file ... check the NOTAM page now and you'll see the same warning on the UPDATE at Misty's Place.  Thanks for the heads up, it helps us make the site better.

Doug

Tigerclaw

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
Okay Doug & Graham, thanks for the quick replies  :)
Tony

Windows XP Pro 32 bit - Core 2 Duo 1.87Ghz - 2 gig Ram - GeForce GT240 1 gig Ram - Audigy ZS 2 - FSX Gold. ORBX - REX 2.0 - TrackIR 5