Author Topic: Dual Monitor Help Needed  (Read 2705 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Dual Monitor Help Needed
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »
Ok, got the two monitors up and recognized. My original plan was to activate the second monitor for Plan-G, which I can drag to the second monitor, no problem. Then I thought I'd like to see different AC views on the second monitor...like Outside, Spot, or whatever. This is where I'm having my problem. My second monitor now comes up with my main FSX screen on FSX startup. When I try to undock that view and drag it back to the #1 monitor I get no joy. I did the display settings in Control Panel and in Nvdia. Seems like it should be simple but its not working out that way. Anybody have a simple explanation on how to do 2 monitors? I'm running intel i7 Quad 3820, Win 7 Pro and a GTX 670, and 16 gigs ram.
Jsapair

jsapair

Re: Dual Monitor Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »
Disregard. Cockpit trouble.
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:15:26 PM »
 ???

I was pondering your situation yesterday. 

You can open a picture-in-picture window with the left bracket key. ([) 
Then change that window to whichever view you'd like. 
Resize it and place it on your FSX flight window. 

But you can't move it beyond the window border. 
You can't have an independent external view outside of FSX.  (as far as I know.) 

So you stretch your flightsim window across both monitors and open a PIP window for your other view.    ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »
Got it, thanks Jeff. What I needed to do was 'extend view' in Properties. I thought 'extend view' meant extending the same view I was seeing on monitor 1 over to monitor 2 but it's for any view apparently. Pretty cool. Flying the cockpit on #1 and outside spot on #2 along with the GPS. I have noticed a difference in water textures between the two monitors but #1 has a native resolution of 1920x1080 and #2 has 1280x1024. Now that I know what I'm doing (kinda, sorta) I may get a duplicate of #1.
Jsapair