Author Topic: Tongass X Migration to P3D  (Read 23984 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Tongass X Migration to P3D
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
Attached is a pdf that will help you put Tongass X into P3D. It is a very simple procedure.

frostlp

Re: Tongass X Migration to P3D
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
Thanks, Doug.   8)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 09:03:02 PM »
Thanks Doug,
I had been dragging my feet about installing TFX to P3Dv2.  I went for it today, and after the migration tool "updated" itself, I effortlessly switched modes.  I installed TFX and switched back to normal in minutes.  The hardest part was retrieving my key code for TFX.  I had to place the "Higher" and "Lower" files above FSGlobal and Vector's entries and below the FTX entries to show the correct elevations.  ;)  (another piece of the puzzle slides into place)  :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:09:02 PM »
Jeff,
yes the Tongass X higher and lower entries belong below the FTX entries.

Later,

Spud

dexthom

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
I have my Tongass above the FTX entries, works just fine.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
Hi all,

This subject came up a while back on the ORBX site.   Holger indicated it didn't make a significant difference but for accuracy sake, here is the ORBX official line on this question:

Copied from bottom of Page 6 of the ORBX SAK User Guide as it appears in ORBX Central:

FSADDON - Tongass Fjords X

Tongass Fjords X is an earlier landscape add-on created by the lead developer for SAK, Holger Sandmann, and is distributed by FSAddon. The southeastern boundary of SAK is specifically designed to seamlessly align with the northern boundary of Tongass Fjords. The only step required to achieve full compatibility is to ensure that the two Tongass Fjords entries are below the block of ORBX entries in the FSX scenery library menu, meaning at lower display priority. Tip: use the Scenery Library Insertion Point option included with our FTX Central control panel (described in this manual) to make this step easy and permanent.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »
I will almost guarantee that using the insertion point tool in FSX Central will cause more problems that it ever solves because the tool is designed to use with FTX files.  And insertion points always seem to generate question after question on the ORBX site when people try it and can not figure out how to do it correctly. Just move them manually or the Scenery Config tool mentioned in these forums and you will be good to go.
As Holger said he recommends the files be placed lower than FTX files but if yours works and your satisfied with the non-recommended location.... If it ain't broke .........!

8)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:22:45 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 07:36:33 PM »
I have added "how to" Migrate Tongass X to P3D on the new "beta" page for the Object Libraries, you can jump there from the index at the top of the page.  There is a "manual" way to do it ... I tried it and got ALL screwed up.  Went through the procedure with Holger today ... it is tricky, if you are advanced you can do it.  But the best ten bucks you'll ever spend is for the little migration tool (link at page).  You can have it "done" in 10 minutes! (less downloading).

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#tongass

Doug

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 10:22:57 PM »
Hi
if someone dont want payed for EMT there for free the same addon migration tool  ;

Tweak FS : the name is  SimSwitch  here  :     http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php

and many more tools for FSX   ;)

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jfail

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »

Hi Doug

My Fjords installed perfectly into P3D using the migrator.  I do have one problem that I cannot figure out.  As long as I keep the migrator enabled TongassFjords FSX.exe works fine.  If I disable the migrator for normal operation I get an error (see screenshot).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Doug

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »
Once finished with the migration tool, did you DISABLE it? 

D

jfail

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »
Yes sir I did.  The configurator runs fine as long as the migrator is enabled.  If it is not then I get the error in the screen shot.  Maybe I should uninstall via control panel and re-install again?

Doug

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »
Probably a good idea. That thing has worked flawlessly for me 3 times now, that's why I wrote up the procedure in the PDF. I can't figure what might be going wrong.

D

jfail

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »
I tried un-installing and re-installing twice.  Same problem.

I enabled the migrator, and conducted the installation using FSAD_TONGASS_FJORDS_X_SM.exe.  The installation went fine.  At the end of the installation the TF Configurator came up fine.  I clicked save settings and exit.  I then disabled the migrator.

When I click on TongassFjords.EXE I get screenshot 2 (attached) with an empty window.

I remember we had a problem with this 3 or 4 years ago with 64 bit Windows operating systems and a new TongassFjords.exe was released which fixed the empty window problem.

I applied the new TongassFjords.exe contained in FSAD_TongassFjords FSX.zip and then get the error shown in screenshot 1.

I have used TF for years with no problem other than the 64 bit problem described above.

I am stumped.

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
Hi when i have problem
i take the same folder in FSX and i put directly in the appropriate  folder P3Dv2
and this solve many time
but Tongas instal was fine instal for me with MT

i said that because :
when i open FTX CENTRAL P3D i have some files listing missed, and i take the same references files  in FSX and past in P3D in the same forlder scenery

May be a solution to help you ?

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]