Author Topic: Shorelines  (Read 2839 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Shorelines
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:43:23 AM »
A quesstion:

Do you (or anyone) know where Ultimate Terrain and/or FTX shorelines are hidden? I had to hide the shoreline for my "Eagleskinner's Place" scenery addon for MM and instead of the poly hiding just the shoreline under it, it took out 7 or 8 Km of it. I see from your screenshots though, that you aren't "breaking your" shorelines.

It's no real problem, becaus Airport Design Edtor lets you draw a new shoreline vector, but the few MS shorelines don't look anywhere near as good as the UT ones. I should actually not try to be so accurate and want to add inlets that the real world insists are there...

The shoreline here is called "Ocean" but it's not as good as the FTX one.

Or is there a usable list of landclass, road, river, shoreline etc. elements?

This scenery is just around the corner from PAKT and the inlet in the picture had to be added because the PFJ scenery didn't have it.

Background:

See the FSX top down screenshot. The inlet outlined in blue is not there in FSX FTX/UT/default. but look at the maps (PlanG) and there is a proper inlet indicated. So a flatten/exclude poly (yellow) plus a water poly were added and the bay shows nicely - but the whole segment of coastal shoreline (red) is removed and not just the "bit". So I re-drew the shoreline vector using ADE, but the only shorelines available were not so good as what FTX have put there - see the screenshot from game.

Ideas and lessons?

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)