Author Topic: 3rd Party Airports and ORBX  (Read 2768 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
3rd Party Airports and ORBX
« on: April 14, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »
I have some 3rd party airports in No. Cal. from SOH and AVSIM. When I purchase and install No. Cal from ORBX are these going to be a problem? Some of these are pretty old...FS 2004 and 2009 but compatible with FSX...but will they be compatible with ORBX?
Jsapair

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: 3rd Party Airports and ORBX
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:29:36 AM »
We should probably post this over at ORBX to know for sure, but I'm doubting they will work. When PFJ came, there were some cabins just outside the Tongass X area. They were all screwed up from the new (and more correct) ORBX terrain, I had to redo 9 of them. Based in that I'm guessing they won't work...just from terrain differences. But airports are flat, so the mountain terrain prob for the cabins may have been dif. Many of the cabins were in the shore (flat sea terrain) and they were still in the air and out in the water.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:02 AM »
As the airports are 3rd party ones there could be a partial solution if you have VECTOR 1.1.  Using the Configuator Tool AEC that comes with that software you can try to disable those airports IF they have elevation issues.  Of course that will probably wipe out any Photoreal overlay they may have and bring the trees and autogen objects right down around the runway.  If that is the case then it is a case of living with it or deleting the add-on airports that offend!
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »
I had numerous major elevation conflicts in 3rd party airstrips around Homer and other SAK. I had to delete them. No biggie because the FTX ones are better.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:00:21 PM »
Thanks guys, kind of what I figured. I'll probably just delete them. One thing I love about RTMM scenery is its compatibility and I know you guys work your butts off to make that so. And, as far as add on scenery in general, and add on sim objects as well, they don't insinuate themselves all over your machine. Delete the folder and that's it. Sure, there are some texture and sound files hanging around but some other scenery may make use of them, too. Try deleting Norton or iTunes that easily. Man, don't even get me started.
Jsapair