Author Topic: RTMM OBjects Library Topic  (Read 422727 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
Hi Gerry ... we say that because people put them into different places. Here is how I do it.

PDF (or FSX)/ Addon Scenery

I put all of the object libraries under Addon Scenery
I also put a Misty Moorings folder there and that is where i place all of the Misty Locations.
Notice for Tongass, I have those also in this location.

Hope this helps.

Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
Gerry,
I can see why, and I agree, that the information in the readme1st Install Part I.txt is confusing to new users. The read me refers to the way the libraries in the Part I library used to be obtained. At one time they were in several different required downloads, but were subsequently combined into what is now the Part I library, thus "the entire library set can be obtained in a single download" refers to the current Part I library set. You'll still need to download all 3 of the current RTMM libraries to be up to speed. Your confusion is warranted. Hope this clears up the issue.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
Welcome Gerry,
here is the link for how to setup FSX for RTMM scenery.  It is important to try and use this method.  Although there are many ways to set thing up, following the recommended method will make troubleshooting easier and faster.  Alternate methods only make your install unique and time tested trouble shooting methods are then pretty much a crap shoot.
Like Doug says I place the 6 required libraries in the Addon Scenery folder.  I made an RTMM folder inside the Addon Scenery folder and place each individual scenery locations inside this Addon Scenery/RTMM folder each location is in its own folder which makes for many entries in the FSX Scenery Library but I can manipulate each location separately that way.
It is all spelled out in the forum linked here:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#placepriority

NOTE:
the libraries named in the forum post linked above are old names and no longer apply but show where the libraries from the three downloads are to be placed.  The quoted text that confused you is also old and outdated.  It referred to when there was only one download needed.  Of course over time this has grown to the 3 different library downloads containing the six (6) required RTMM libaries.

8)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:34:27 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »
Spud explained things better than I did. thanks, Spud.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

simurq

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »
Just noticed on the Object Libraries priority image from the link shared by spud: the RTMM object libraries are below (priority-wise) RTMM sceneries while the ORBX libraries always (FSX Central also checks this) stay atop their sceneries.

Is it intentionally done this way? I'm used to keep RTMM libraries above the sceneries and I believe it works as it should - I can see the objects without a problem...

Thanks!!!

Rustam
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:25:04 PM by simurq »
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
Rustem,
I too have my RTMM Libraries above the scenery files in my FSX Scenery Library because that's the way ORBX and (me too) have always done it.  If you have scenery libraries anywhere in your FSX installation and they are activated in the FSX Scenery Library they will work (even if you don't want them too!).  So leave the libraries at the top and things will work just splendidly.
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2015, 04:25:40 PM »
Just keep the RTMM Object Libraries above ORBX.   Doesn't really matter if they are above, below or in the middle of the RTMM Sceneries.

Rod

simurq

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
Roger that, thank you, captains!!!  8)
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

roundrobin

« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2015, 11:35:49 PM »
Just to let everyone know that there is absolutely nothing in the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part III that changes anything whatsoever in any of the other libraries - Part I or Part II. Part III contains all new objects and texture sets. Therefore if you have a problem with textures not showing or see something strange looking, it results from an issue that existed on your system that you either weren't aware of or noticed in the past prior to installing the Part III Libraries .

That is encouraging! I am not Sherlock Holmes but I regret updating my object libraries. I swear to you that it all worked well and after the updates, the Misty cabin is gone and so is the hangar. I start all my flights from Misty and it was fine. . So your comment applies to you only! And yes I did run the consolidate command.
Now I have to find my old downloads and turn the clock back, or forget about Misty's scenery.
Al

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2015, 08:49:16 AM »
Sorry Al, the comment doesn't only apply to me. I'm the person who put together the Part III library and am solely responsible for it. It is a supplemental addition to the existing libraries and contains new objects that are not found in the Part I or Part II libraries nor does it change anything in those libraries whatsoever. The Part III library went through extensive testing and review by the RTMM team before it was made available for download and no one had any problems with the final version. The statement of mine that you quote is entirely correct. If, as you say, everything worked correctly before updating your libraries then something you've subsequently done has caused your problem.

You said in another thread that "I just can't figure this out. I was away for 10 days. Come back and go to Misty's place and the Club house and the hangar are gone!!! What gives?  I had installed the new object libs and the Yes Bay Lodge before leaving and it all work good. Scenery priorities all look good." If all was working then, with all libraries installed, then why would doing a re-update of the libraries change what worked for you before?

You obviously are missing something somewhere and I suggest you meticulously go over everything again, paying special attention to the EZ SceneryFSXP3D entry.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RocheTJ

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:05 AM »
Can the following link on the 'RTMM Medical Facilities' page be corrected? Currently I receive "OOPS! - ERROR 404 - File Not Found"  error when clicking on the ZIP icon to download the file.

RTMM Medical Libraries TEMP --- 04.11.2015 9:02 PM (new objects added, color smoke)

My work around is to go to 'The FSXP3D Object Libraries' page and download the file fron there.

Tom Roche

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2015, 07:13:00 AM »
We are still putting links together, the Medical Facilities web page will officially open tonight around 6:30 pm EST.  At that time all of the links will be active.  We'll announce it on the forum.

Doug