Author Topic: NOTAMs and NEWs Thread  (Read 115027 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: NOTAMs and NEWs Thread
« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »

RTMM Add-On complete setups:
(By Norm Richards and Rod Jackson

Three all-in-one RTMM complete setups: (Each with complete libraries, all add-on scenery pieces, all supporting/associated content: simobjects, effects, sound, world scenery/ai traffic (AI traffic shipping project), RTMM seasonal switcher and more:

Versions:

1. RTMM Standard Setup (conventional/inside root sim setup/scenery library) version
(For use in FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv1v2v3 (v4))

2. RTMM Add-on (XML) version for P3Dv4
(For use in P3Dv4/All Versions v4.0 through v4.5 HF3)

3. RTMM Add-on (XML) version for P3Dv5
(For use in P3Dv5 version only)

These are all-in-one files that contain all the RTMM scenery and supporting elements primarily for new users who have never used RTMM before or for users using P3Dv4 or v5 that want to switch to an add-on or for any user want to update all their RTMM scenery to the latest versions in an all-in-one download.

These files are @ 2.6 gb and when extracted is almost 8 gb and contain the fully compliment of RTMM scenery. Welcome to Misty Moorings!

You can find a link to this on the RTMM Home Page (right column), on the top of the Scenery Page and the actual table with the information is at the bottom of the scenery page.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 08:58:35 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Kodiak Island Airfields - V5 - By Thomas Menzel

Thomas has updated the Kodiak Island Airfields for us to work more smoothly with P3D V5. Clicking on the "refreshed date" will bring up his excellent maintenance log that will tell you about the changes he has made. Note that if you use PlanG or Little Navmap you have to refresh your scenery libraries because of the new ICAO changes.

Doug

« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2021, 05:55:11 PM »
FSAddon's former Tongass Fjords X is now available at no charge through RTMM!

RTMM is pleased to announce that we have entered into an agreement with FSAddon to offer FSAddon's former Tongass Fjords X (TFX) software product at no charge to registered Members of the RTMM forum for their personal use.  This software or any of its parts cannot be redistributed.  This software is "as is" since the original developers are no longer liable for any support.  RTMM is also not liable for support.  However, additional installation information (for FSX or P3D created by RTMM) will be included in the download package.  And as always, helpful advice in using TFX can be found on the RTMM website and in our forum.

RTMM would like to thank Francois Dumas (FSAddon Publishing) as well as Holger Sandmann and Bill Womack, the developers of Tongass Fjords X, for their generosity in continuing to provide this very important software to the flight simulator community. RTMM is honored to host Tongass Fords X.

To get a download link for FSAddon's former Tongass Fjords X software product package for your own personal use, you must be a registered RTMM forum member.  Once you are a RTMM forum Member, all you have to do is Private Message (PM) nbrich1 with a request including a private email address.  Please do not post requests or your private email address on the public RTMM forum.   Norm (nbrich1), who is a RTMM staff member, will respond as soon as he can with the download information.  If you are not familiar with how to Private Message, simply click on this link to take you to the new message screen in the RTMM forum:

https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send

or click on "My Messages" in the Forum Navigation Bar and then hover your mouse over the highlighted "Messages" and choose "New Message" in the drop down.  Then enter nbrich1 in the "To:" field.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:24:20 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2021, 09:37:28 AM »
The RTMM Web Page - Revamped

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience while we updated and completely revised the RTMM web page. The entire internal structure has been standardized and many of the cross-linkages have been deleted. When you go to the new page, you'll soon realize the "home page" is actually a site map telling you where everything is. People have had a difficult time navigating RTMM in the past, now that should be very easy. If you are on a "table", there is a "back to top" button at the bottom. Clicking on that takes you to the top where you will see a "Return to Home Page" button, that takes you back to the home page and the site map for the site. So navigation should become much easier.

Internally there was a lot of house-cleaning done and many things, that were no longer needed or used, were archived. Almost half of the internal cross-links were removed as the new navigation process eliminated the need for most of them.

There is still more to do, we will find a 404 orphan here and there, but I believe, thanks to many folks who have helped me track them down, we've eliminated most of them.

Enjoy the new RTMM Home Page!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:07:23 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2021, 06:04:11 PM »
RTMM Waypoints.zip Updated

I added the PFJ area Lighthouses waypoints for the Dispatch 006. These were also added to the Way Points Table and to the RTMM Waypoints.zip folder. You can download the new one on the NAVIGATION page.

Doug

« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2021, 06:49:57 PM »
Dispatch (manual) Page and the 18 Dispatch Sets revised and updated

The Dispatch Page (for manual dispatches) has been updated. Instructions for using the two kinds of dispatches (Version 1 and 2) were made. All 18 Dispatches have been updated, revised, and checked. This project is finished.
You can see the new page at Home /  Section D / Item 8.

Doug

« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2021, 01:26:08 PM »
EXPERIMENTAL FS2020 Dispatch Posted - By Doug

As an experiment, I've created and posted Dispatch MS001, the first FS2020 Dispatch for RTMM.  It is simply a flight plan from Ketchikan to Juneau, staying at 1200 feet so it can be flown in typically bad weather up there. I've added information for many of the legs about the history of the waypoint, etc that should make interesting reading during the hour-long flight.  Of course, this has no RTMM scenery locations, but the concept of putting in waypoints, naming them correctly, and getting everything to work (thanks to Little NavMap) was an interesting task.

The Flight Plan is located INSIDE the dispatch, so when you open the dispatch and "position" it correctly you can click on a link and download the flight plan. Next, when you open FS2020, on the HOME page with the world, when you go to select the departure airport, you click on LOAD/SAVE first and add the flight plan (it is a "pln" file. This will set you up at Ketchikan, ready to fly the dispatch.  IF during the flight you stop and want to save, just ESC, then select SAVE and name it.  The tricky part is coming back to a saved flight. First, you enter the flight plan, exactly as above, this puts you at Ketchikan. THEN you do a LOAD/SAVE and put in the flight that you saved ... it will be an "flt" file.  Next, when you choose FLY, it puts you where you left off.

You can find the new FS2020 dispatch by going to our HOME page, select the "E" area (Activities), and item #8 (Manual Dispatches). When you get to the dispatch page, click on the FS2020 Dispatch link button on the top. Then click on "view" and that brings up the dispatch in your browser.  Position it and you are ready to go.

Doug

« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2021, 11:00:01 AM »
New Video Posted on "HOW TO USE AN FS2020 DISPATCH"

I've put up a new short video explaining how to use the RTMM Dispatch (This is for version 2 that is being used with FS2020). If you haven't tried one of these, check the video, give it a try. This one happens to be for MS003 that takes you from Ketchikan over Misty Fjords, low and slow, to the high glaciers then back down to Stewart, BC. In P3D, we flew this route to the Summit Ice Station. This was always one of my favorite routes across the RTMM area.  You can find the video HERE

Doug

« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2021, 10:25:02 AM »
Update for Bakewell Lake USFS Cabin

Jim Magin, one of our RTMM Members, pointed out that our Bakewell Lake Cabin is located in the wrong place. He was correct and we have re-located the cabin to Bakewell Lake where it belongs!  Because of this, there are some updates for RTMM.  There are updated download links for the Master Downloads. If you want to make the change without downloading the master, you can re-download and install "RTMM Missing Cabins" (Scenery Page).  The WayPoints table and download were updated, so you might want to re-download and install the RTMM WayPoints.zip file. (Navigation Page). Of course, the new coordinates are on the WayPoint table (Navigation Page) for Bakewell Lake Cabin. The new flight plan is in the updated RTMM/MFC Flight Plans.zip folder (Navigation Page).

Our thanks to Jim for finding this error for us. But now we have a new place to go to visit, a new flight plan, and a new (and correct) cabin location.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:31:41 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »
New RTMM Staff Member

RTMM would like to welcome Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch to the Return To Misty Moorings Staff as one of our MSFS scenery designers. Rod Jackson has been working with Kurt on a new RTMM project for the last month.  Rod tells me that Kurt has been applying his experience and technical capabilities in an amazing fashion during that time.  You can see a glimpse of some of his latest handiwork HERE

(Dan edit: fixed link to thread)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:15:34 AM by Dan »

Doug

« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2021, 08:01:13 PM »
RTMM FS2020 Web Pages are now OPEN!  Welcome!

After a good amount of time and a lot of hard work by some very dedicated people, we can now offer you Return to Misty Moorings in Microsoft's FS2020.  On the FSX/P3D home page, you will find a button at the top saying "Go to the FS2020 Home Page" ... click on that and you are there!  It will look very similar and we did that so you would feel at home immediately. Everything you are used to on the old Home page is now available to you on the new Home Page.

On the ABOUT, the NOTAMS pages there are two "home page" buttons, one takes you to FSX/P3D, the other to FS2020.

We have 60 USFS cabins placed for your enjoyment and 11 Sea Plane Bases. More are being added every day and they will begin showing up in the NOTAMs when new ones are loaded up to the server.

Please feel free to give us your comments on the new page and its contents on the FS2020 Thread on the RTMM Forum.

Many thanks to the RTMM team that contributed to this endeavor.

Doug

« Reply #326 on: July 06, 2021, 10:52:35 AM »
FS2020 Update - Angoon SPB (PAGN) added SPBs for RTMM v1.31

Angoon SPB has been added as a SPB to the "SPBs for RTMM" package on the scenery page. Angoon comes in version v1.31. It also includes the marina, the fishing boat pier the municipal pier and I put a warning tower on a flat island near the center of the harbor.  Enjoy.

Doug

« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2021, 11:00:07 AM »
FS2020- Missions 13, 14, 15, 16 from Norm (Glaciers et al) - finished and uploaded

Norm has finished the last four legs of the missions (see the FS2020 Activities Page). They are ready for download and usage.

Doug

« Reply #328 on: July 07, 2021, 03:16:19 PM »
FS2020 - Cabin Identifiers - Craig and Ketchikan Districts

Cabin Identifiers are now active for Craig and Ketchikan Cabin districts ... the new versions are on the Scenery Page. This allows you to start at a cabin, gives you a destination for Plan-G and Little NavMap, gives you POI's along your flight path for the entries and they show up on the LNM and Plan-G maps.

Update: Cabin Identifiers are in place for the Admiralty Ranger District also. V1.02
Update: Cabin Identifiers are in place for Misty Fjords ... all cabins now have identifiers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 11:45:48 AM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #329 on: July 10, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
Watch the Maintenance Page

Keep an eye on the maintenance page for the sim you are using to watch for the latest updates. When I make a change on a website page, you'll see the change reflected in the ChangeLog for that sim's webpage. Often these are small changes that don't require a NOTAM notification.

SPBs for RTMM - Update

FS2020 - All of the runways are now correct in version 1.33. They now "match" between Little NavMap/Plan-G and what you see in the sim.  We are not going to spend time making the "airports" linked to each of the cabins totally correct ... these are not being used as airports, that is why we are calling them "Identifiers" and not ICAOs. They will help you find the cabins but do not depend upon the runway headings, etc for navigation.

See something? Say something!

Other than PF20/21 (Misty's Place), I have put in all of the scenery locations and SPBs. I admit I had to do them in a hurry, and I was barely onto the learning curve when I started the project. We wanted to have some interesting locations and things for people to do when the FS2020 page opened. So there, I'm sure, are some errors here and there.  If you SEE something wrong, please let us know.  I will make the correction, and you will see it on the Maintenance Page for that sim, also in parentheses, the name of the person who contributed. We want the work we do to be as error-free as our technology will allow.

Ketchikan Cabins - small update

FS2020-This is typical of an update that probably would not "make" the NOTAM notifications. I moved a cabin about 6" down to the ground at HBUC (Helm Creek) and moved a man down to the ground .. also about 6". These are alterations that are not even noticeable by many people, but I will continue to update if you point something like this out to me.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 10:07:39 AM by Doug »